An assault rifle is a military-grade firearm usually capable of multiple fire settings; semi-automatic, burst fire, or fully automatic. They generally chamber intermediate rifle rounds, such as the NATO 5.56x45mm or the Russian 7.62x39mm.
In the Resident Evil series, Assault Rifles are classed under Machine guns. This weapon is occasionally available for short periods within the games and often has a limited supply of ammunition, forcing economic use.
Reasonably powerful and featuring a high rate of fire, assault rifles are excellent weapons for dispatching tight groups of zombies or keeping larger B.O.W.s at a distance.
Compared to Sub-Machine Guns, Assault rifles are stronger in power, but have smaller ammunition capacities.
List of Assault Rifles
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - Assault Rifle
- Resident Evil CODE:Veronica - AK-47
- Outbreak, File 2- Assault Rifle
- Dead Aim - Assault Rifle
- Resident Evil 5 - AK-74, SIG 556
- Revelations - Steyr AUG, Machine Gun G36, High-Roller
- Resident Evil 6 - Bear Commander, Assault Rifle for Special Tactics, Assault Rifle RN
- Revelations 2 - Assault Rifle NSR47, Assault Rifle AK-7, High-Roller
- Operation Raccoon City - Militia Rifle, Assault Rifle, Burst Rifle, Suppressed Rifle, Ravager, Hammer