BIOHAZARD 3 (バイオハザード３ Baiohazādo 3 ) is the name of a cancelled game in the Resident Evil series. It is unrelated to Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.
According to some sources, the plot of BIOHAZARD 3 involved the character HUNK, a USS agent previously seen in Resident Evil 2. In the story he was to be sent to retrieve a sample of the G-Virus while getting caught up in a viral outbreak on a cruise ship. A common enemy at the time was intended to be plant-based.
- See also: BIOHAZARD 4 (cancelled 2000 game)
After some time, the Hunk version plot was discarded and a new plot replaced it, this version premise featured different plot and main protagonists Tony Redgrave as the son of Lord Spencer. This plot was made during the transition to the PlayStation 2 version.
The entire plot was rejected and Kamiya chose to start all over again. Moving the team over to another BIOHAZARD 3 .
With the approach of the PlayStation 2 games console, Kamiya was instructed to abandon development for the old console, and development stopped in mid-1998. as it result was renamed to BIOHAZARD 4, later being ultimately scrapped and becoming it's own game in favor of a completely new BIOHAZARD 4 project taking over.
Some aspects of the game may have been recycled for 2002's Resident Evil: Dead Aim, which also featured a viral outbreak on a cruise ship.
- This version was often referred to as "Gaiden" by some fans, but it was never dubbed that name by the developers, however Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (Last Escape) was known by that name early in development.
- ↑ Yasuhisa Kawamura Interview (Project Umbrella). Project Umbrella. Retrieved on 2013-06-24.
- ↑ Twitter feed: PG_kamiya, dated January 14, 2014. Accessdate: 2015-04-16
- ↑ Edge, Issue #102 (2001), p.30.