The first iteration of the screampark was based in the Expoland park located in Suita, Osaka. First opened on 18 July 1998, archived footage of the Expoland park was released on VCD and sold as a collectible item in an issue of the Street Fighter III comic in Hong Kong. It later closed on 15 September 1999.
On an ordinary business day, the attraction was open between 09:30 in the morning until 17:30 in the Afternoon, though people were notified to pay admission fees before 16:30 (giving up to an hour inside the attraction). Adults and children aged from 13 years old paid a standard entry fee of ¥1,100, while children between 4 and 12 paid the fee of ¥600.[excerpt 1] Adults could pay for a cheaper, ¥800 ticket if they arrived after 16:00, though it was only valid on business days and not the weekends.[excerpt 2]
The Night Games were an outside event related to the attraction, ready at 21:00 for the Summertime; weekends and public holidays. It was notified that they were dependent on the weather, any rain would lead to a cancellation of the day's event.
It was later revived at the Tobu Zoo in Saitama, where it was held from 28 April - 31 October 2001. The building was 200 square metres (2,200 sq ft) in size.
The Expoland Nightmare attraction had a gift shop which sold various Resident Evil-themed merchandise. It is known to have sold postcards; keychains; fans, and replicates of the Spencer Mansion keys, the latter of which sold for ¥700 each and advertised by Famitsu.
- ↑ Adult (13 years or more) ¥ 1,100 / Children (4-12 years) ¥ 600 (おとな(13歳以上)1100円こども(4～12歳)600円 Otona (13-sai ijō) 1100-en kodomo (4 ~ 12-sai) 600-en )
- ↑ 4時PM以降入園なら割安なトワイライトチケットもあります。ただしナイター営業日のみです(おとな800円こども忘れた) (4-Ji PM ikō nyūen'nara wariyasuna towairaitochiketto mo arimasu. Tadashi naitā eigyō-bi nomidesu (otona 800-en kodomo wasureta) 9: 30 AM ~ 5: 30 PM (nyūen wa heien jikan no 1-jikan mae made))
- ↑ Promo BIOHAZARD Nightmare Amusement Park Full Length VCD. Resident Evil Collectors. Retrieved on 2013-07-10.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 バイオハザードナイトメア Expoland (Japanese). Capcom. Retrieved on 2013-07-10.
- ↑ 【夏休み特別企画第1弾】 ゲームイベントに参加しよう!! 東武動物公園のウォークスルー型ホラーアトラクション『BIOHAZARD Nightmare』で、恐怖を味わおう！ (Japanese). Famitsu (11 August 2001). Retrieved on 2018-09-27.
- ↑ Truth of the BIOHAZARD Mansion Keys. Resident Evil Collectors. Retrieved on 2013-12-11.