|“||It's finished, at last. But I'm out of a job...||”|
Cindy Lennox was a waitress at J's Bar in Raccoon City. She's a helpful, service-oriented person who always thinks of other people first. Being accustomed to the harsh realities of society, she never loses her cool, even in extreme situations.
Cindy is a cheery and helpful member of the survivor group and has been dubbed the group's medic.
Cindy tends to get along with everyone, and even though Jim Chapman's and Alyssa Ashcroft's constant whining may grate upon her at times, you'd never know it by her cheerful disposition. Kevin Ryman seems to visit J's Bar often and the two seem to get along quite well despite his failed attempts at flirting. However, she doesn't seem to get along with David King very well due to his bad temper and that David doesn't seem to care about her. Her relationship with Will is left rather ambiguous, although it is implied in Will's Diary that he held some intimacy toward her.
Her SP items and reactions to situations portray Cindy as unapologetically "girly" and also rather pleasant. She is fond of collecting stuffed animals, buying clothes, playing the piano, trying new beauty treatments, and gardening. (A possible explanation to why she carries around a "Herb Case" as a unique item.) They also portray her as decidedly conservative such as her reactions to the Funny Bunny SP items. This is a strong contrast to the fact she is able to wear the items she herself is objecting to.
Cindy is depicted as an extremely knowledgeable, and well-rounded individual. Evident in her poetic epilogue for each scenario, and her ability to articulate herself and her emotions rather effectively to those around her.
She never swears or uses a term any stronger than "meanie." Her endings show that she is rapidly becoming accustomed to the realities of her situation. Her optimism remains undiminished by the outbreak itself.
After Raccoon City
After the Raccoon City Incident, Cindy settled into her new life by buying a new house. She accepted that everything she had in Raccoon City was now gone, and looked forward to a brighter future.
Because of her actions as medic to the group of survivors during the Outbreak, Cindy could possibly be thinking to start a new career in medicine.
Appearance & Wardrobe
During the Outbreak, Cindy is seen as a tall, thin, attractive white-blonde young woman. She wears her J's Bar uniform, consisting of a blue and white striped shirt with a blue low-cut vest and a medium length black skirt with black high-heels. She wears her hair in a ponytail.
- Type:B: On Vacation: Cindy wears a casual outfit consisting of khaki pants, a light blue shirt with sunglasses hanging on the collar, and black high-heeled strap sandals. She wears her hair in a low ponytail.
- Type:C: Funny Bunny: Cindy wears a Playboy Bunny-esque type of outfit complete with black strapless one-piece, bow tie, cuffs, seamed fishnets, black high heels, and bunny ears and tail. Her hair is in a tight bun.
- Type:D: Nightlife: Cindy wears a black leather jacket and pants and boots with a brown belt. Her hair is down
- Type:E: Coquette: She wears a white bikini top, very short jeans, and slippers. Her hair is in a bun.
Personal Item: Herb Case
The Herb Case lets Cindy store three specimens of every type of known herb, and has an extra compartment for mixing herbs, as well. Her attention to detail and green thumb make Cindy the consummate medic of the survivor group. Cindy is at heart a very caring individual, and the untimely death of her co-worker, Will, weighs heavily upon her.
Extra Item (File 2 only): Bandage
Cindy's trusty makeshift bandage can stop bleeding caused by enemy attacks. She can also staunch the bleeding of her friends as she carries them to safety.
- Duck: Cindy can duck to avoid attacks. It stops zombies for 5 seconds, which gives her the time to counter attack or to run away. In Resident Evil Outbreak File 2, if Cindy is holding somebody, if you then press R1, not only Cindy will duck but the other person will imitate the duck. Unfortunately, performing this action will cause Cindy to let go of the injured teammate.
- Aid: Cindy can aid people with the herbs from her herb case. File #2 has the added benefit of being able to aid an injured teammate while she is holding them.
Resident Evil: The Deck Building GameCindy appears in the Outbreak expansion set of the Resident Evil card game. Her level 1 ability allows for an extra buy during the same turn if the player gains a card that has "herb" in it's name. Her level 2 ability allows her to deal 20 additional points of damage if she's at full health. Her maximum health is maxed out at 70 points.
- If you don't pick Cindy as your character or ally in the Wild Things scenario, Cindy will be trampled to death by Titan as soon as you enter the Zoo.
- Cindy can receive a sub-machine gun from the dying guard on the roof of the hospital during The Hive scenario. While disoriented, he mistakes Cindy for his significant other, Maggie.
- Cindy is the only character who can find the Herb Pie Recipe file during the Wild Things scenario.
- Cindy is the only character who can access her locker in the Outbreak scenario.
- She can play the piano, which may be a reference to Jill Valentine in the first game.
- Cindy may be one of the most religious protagonists in the series, as seen in her ad libs, especially during the End of the Road scenario when she is shouldering Linda or if the player is nearing the rescue helicopter during the countdown.
- As a partner, AI Cindy will heal the player a maximum of 2 times per scenario and will not place herbs in her herb case.
- If a player chooses David as an AI partner, it should be noticed that he will go explore the scenario on his own, not caring about Cindy. However if a player saves him from dying, heals him or give him weapons, he will eventually follow Cindy as showing his gratitude to her but eventually he'll go on his own after sometime.
- Cindy can be considered the most balanced character in the Outbreak series due to her low-medium health of 1500HP, having an ability to dodge every attack, having a moderate attack speed, a fast running speed and having the second slowest infection speed of 0.89% per minute (beaten only by Yoko Suzuki).
- From all the series, she is the only character that can be used for finishing all the scenarios with just a blade.
- Unless chosen as a partner or player, Cindy's the only character that dies and doesn't become a zombie.
- After defeating Nyx in the End of The Road scenario, if the player chooses Kevin or Cindy as the player, and have the other as a partner, both will have an intimate ad lib conversation with Kevin asking Cindy what she will do now since she's out of a job.
- David and Cindy don't get along well, however, they have been partnered in some promotional artwork of Resident Evil Outbreak.
- When a player reaches the first floor of J's bar, after Will's death and "rebirth", Cindy will be shocked about the situation.
- Even though Cindy has the second slowest infection rate, if an enemy engages close combat with her, she will gain a high infection rate.
- While playing as Cindy, it would be easier for a player to achieve the NO WEAPON bonus, since most AIs like Kevin, Mark, Yoko and Jim tend to protect her rather than themselves when she shouts her trademark "Help me, please!". A good way to achieve that bonus (which will probably provide the player in Normal mode at least 4000pts and Hard mode 6000pts per play) will be to administer weapons such Handguns and Shotguns to the AIS and save stronger weapons for Cindy (SMG's, Magnum, Grenade Launcher) for the final boss.
- Cindy can also easily obtain the NO DAMAGE bonus, due to her ability to duck from most attacks.
- She was the first character to ever use High heels in all of her costumes.
- Although she doesn't become a zombie in the scenario she's killed in, she can be encountered as a Zombie in the Elimination 1 mini-game of Outbreak File #2.