Resident Evil 2
Immediately following the opening scene of the game, Leon and Claire are separated on either side of the wrecked truck. This area is not visited in Leon B or Clear B, who instead explore Shopping district east.
Claire and Leon both meet at this place with the truck already wrecked, Leon mentions that they should go to the police station after the two clear out the zombies that were trying to kill them.
Resident Evil 2
Upon starting the game, before the area loads the following message is displayed;
"They were parted by an unescapable destiny.
This is just the beginning of their worst nightmare."
In the original PlayStation version of the game there are six zombies will appear on the street as a standard, with a seventh only appearing near the gun shop if those six have not been killed. They can realistically be dodged.
There are no items to collect in this room and the next room is the Gun shop.
There are a total of 32 zombies in this area, the only shootable objects are the lights on the streets, which can drop gold.
Resident Evil 2 Preview
The demo featured with Resident Evil: Director's Cut features its own prologue as well.
|Resident Evil 2 Preview|
|Prologue||Do you remember?|
That bizarre mystery that took place in Raccoon City?
- In Resident Evil 2, a visible street sign at the intersection of the crash shows that the street was originally named "Raccoon St." instead.
- Japanese versions of the game display the prologues in English.
- Some versions of the game do not feature the game prologue. On disc versions of the game, the prologue was put in place to mask the room loading time. It is possible that it was removed in non-disc versions due to the advanced loading speed on cartridges and hard drives.
- Tahara, Seiji (田原 誠司), ed (1998). BIOHAZARD 2 Official Guide Book. Japan: Famitsu.
- ↑ Official Guide Book, p.66.