Biology and behaviour
Cockroaches show little-to-no change in their body or intelligence when infected with the t-Virus.
Common cockroaches infected with the t-Virus covered the sewers of Raccoon City and Sheena Island. Although generally harmless, when larger 'roaches get together; they can pose a threat to Humans,[notes 1] and were responsible for the near-total extermination of Raccoon City's rat population; the rat being its main form of sustenance. These creatures have been known to use cannibalism as a way of accessing nutrients.
A cockroach was infected with an unidentified virus which allowed Dr. Cameron to take control of it. She controlled the creature up until she saw a Rat, to which she passed on the virus. A cockroach infected with the Uroboros Virus also grew to a humanoid size and had large arms that had sharps talons and could impale victims within range, see the Reaper.
- Although they can't be interacted with in Resident Evil CODE:Veronica as they follow their scripted path, in Resident Evil Survivor 2 CODE:Veronica, they can be found in large quantities in Dungeon Mode and can be stepped on. There's also the VS. Roach Mode which is a mode focused on killing cockroaches.
Notes and Sources
- ↑ At one point in the Sewers section of Resident Evil 2, you will be forced through a ventilation shaft where large Cockroaches will gang up on you
- ↑ モンスター紹介 (Japanese). Capcom. Retrieved on 2012-08-22.
- ↑ BIOHAZARD 2 Official Guide Book Q&A section
- ↑ Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (2007), file: "Large Roach Notes"