(Capcom's primary storyline)
What Prototype 1's name once was is a mystery. However, it is known he was an Umbrella USA employee, who was exposed to the ε strain during a lab accident in May 1998. As little research had been undertaken on human exposure to the strain, he was kept for further study. Soon, he was found to be too dangerous after four workers were killed when an attempt to feed it went wrong. Dr. John Clemens, the lab's chief, ordered Prototype 1 be placed in storage. He was placed inside a coffin in the Spencer Mansion's cemetery, and became part of the facility's convoluted anti-intruder defences, wherein to gain unauthorised access to the courtyard an intruder was to free him. Prototype 1 was finally freed on the night of 24 July 1998, by either Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine, who succeeded in killing him.
Prototype 1 has an HP value of 2300–5600. This is in comparison to Chris' and Jill's 1400 and 960, respectively.
Below is the Prototype 1's attack stats.
|Bite (かみつき)||200+a second value randomly assigned to the character.
(280, 350, 420, 490, or 560 if Chris. 212, 255, 297, or 340 if Jill)
|Same stats used for Zombies.|
|Beat 1 (なぐり)||200|
|Beat 2 (なぐり)||200||Alternate animation when Prototype 1 is not facing the player.|
|Weapon||Damage||Number of ammunition/uses|
|Survival Knife (Chris's)||140 (head: 340)||7-33|
|Survival Knife (Jill's)||84 (head: 204)||12-55|
|Handgun||200 (Critical hit: 200)||12-23|
|Samurai Edge||200 (Critical hit: 200)||12-23|
|Grenade Launcher (Grenade)||Direct hit: 1100|
|Grenade Launcher (Acid)||Direct hit: 1100|
|Grenade Launcher (Explosive)||Direct hit: 1100|
|Self Defense Gun||N/A||N/A|
|Barry's 44 Magnum||N/A||N/A|
|Infinite Rocket Launcher||Direct hit: 9999|
|Dagger||HP reduced by 50% + 1||2|
|Stun Gun||HP reduced by 70 or 90%||2|
The most efficient weapons the player would normally posess at this point in the game are the Shotgun for Chris and the Assault Shotgun for Jill. However, this efficiency only exists if the player is directly next to Prototype 1, which is capable swerving and attacking the player if they attempt to go behind. Chris can instead use the Flash Grenade if Prototype 1 attempts to bite him.
- Sumner, Christian; Shotten, Brian; Owen, Michael, eds (9 November 2005). Resident Evil Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered. Translated by Zpang America, Inc.. BradyGames. ISBN 0744006554.
- Ōno, Tetsuya; Masui, Kō, eds (31 March 2005). biohazard archives. Famitsu. ISBN 4-906-582-31-1.
- Hamamura, Koichi, ed (2002) (in Japanese). biohazard Kaitai Shinsho. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-0980-3.
- ↑ Resident Evil (2002), file: "V-ACT".
- ↑ Resident Evil Archives, p.147.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hamamura (ed.), Kaitai Shinsho, p.078.
- ↑ Hamamura (ed.), Kaitai Shinsho, p.079.