(Capcom's primary storyline)
David Anderson (デイビッド・アンダーソン Deibiddo Andāson ) was a law enforcement deputy in the state of Louisiana. He was attached to the police department representing Dulvey Parish.
In 2017, Anderson was ordered to patrol the area around the bayou following a series of disappearances. Reaching the Dulvey Haunted House, he met Ethan Winters, who warned him to leave the area at once. Not understanding the nature of his warning, Anderson insisted Ethan calm down and explain the situation, skeptical of his story of a group of serial killers in the house. The deputy ordered Ethan to meet him in the garage, and Ethan agreed before demanding that Anderson give him his gun so that he could defend himself. Although Anderson refused to surrender his sidearm, he did pass Ethan a pocket knife through the window.
Upon meeting up with Ethan in the garage, Anderson dismissed Ethan's attempt to convince him to immediately flee the house together and instead began questioning him. Anderson demanded to know why Ethan was in the house in the middle of night, still not convinced of any danger. As Ethan tried to explain to him the situation in detail, the garage door through which the deputy had entered the building began to close. Anderson panicked, placing his hand near his handgun and demanding that Ethan open the door, believing it to be a trap he set up. As a result, Anderson did not notice Jack Baker enter through the door behind him. Jack then drove a snow shovel with enough force through Anderson's head from behind to slice off the top of his cranium, killing him instantly.
Ethan later finds Anderson's corpse in a dissection room in the basement, hung on a meat hook and left covered in black fungal mold - apparently in the process of being converted into a Molded. Ethan watched from hiding as Jack told the corpse that it would help him take care of Ethan.
A few hours later, Lucas Baker completely removed the remains of Anderson's head, and placed it inside the refrigerator in the trailer outside the house as a message to Ethan. By this time, the head appears have mold growing on it, with sharp teeth similar to that of a Molded coming out the top. A note pinned to the back of the head leads Ethan back to the basement dissection room, where signs left by Lucas encourage Ethan to force his hand down Anderson's severed neck in order to retrieve a key from the corpse's throat.
- Anderson's name is only mentioned in the game's closing credits and in the Biohazard 7 Kaitai Shinsho. In the game, he is only referred to by his occupation.
- According to Lucas, Anderson was repeatedly bothering the Bakers family with his investigation, exclaiming "Goddamn it, I bet it's the cop again."
- Ethan can interact with his corpse in the dissection room, pitying Anderson's death.
- Due to Japanese censorship regarding decapitation, in the game's Japanese release, Anderson's head isn't in the fridge when Ethan inspects it. Instead, a polaroid of Anderson struck with a red cross is inside the fridge. In addition, Ethan will simply find the Snake Key near Anderson's intact corpse instead of stuffing his hand down his decapitated throat to retrieve it, for the same reason.
- Despite being an officer of the law, Deputy Anderson does not wear a badge of office for the department he works for. This could possibly be a developer oversight.
- The patches on Anderson's uniform and markings on his patrol car do not match up. While the markings on his patrol car suggest that he is from the New Orleans Police Department, the patches on his uniform suggest that he is from the Louisiana State Police. The car itself also displays the word ''POLICE'' instead of ''SHERIFF'' as the rank of Deputy, which he identifies himself as, only falls under Sheriff's Departments/ offices across the United States.
- In The Baker Incident Report, the localisation refers his name as "Dave Anderson".
- kaitaishinsho, p.014.
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Credits (Windows). MobyGames. Retrieved on 2018-04-01.