The platoon's commanding officer, Captain Mikhail Victor, along with Corporal Carlos Oliveira and Sergeant Nikolai Zinoviev, survived the initial bloodbath and took shelter in a tram, which they used as a mobile command centre. With their Captain seriously wounded and receiving no further radio contact from their platoon, the trio began to search the dead city for a way of repairing the tram to reach the St. Michael Clocktower, where a rescue helicopter was set to arrive.
Late on September 28, outbreak survivor and former Special Tactics And Rescue Service member Jill Valentine aided the platoon on their search for spare parts. Nikolai was feared dead once a gas station caught fire and exploded. After starting the tram, an Umbrella Tyrant prototype, "the pursuer", boarded the tram as part of its programming - to kill all S.T.A.R.S. members.
Mikhail managed to slow down the creature with his assault rifle, but after being thrown out of the way against the wall, he had no choice but to sacrifice himself with a grenade.
Jill and Carlos escaped the inevitable crash related to damages sustained by the explosion and managed to alert the rescue helicopter by ringing the clocktower's bell, as per their orders. The helicopter responded to the bell and flew over to pick them up, but was destroyed by the Nemesis with a missile launcher. Carlos and Jill wold eventually find a new way out of the city after S.T.A.R.S. member Barry Burton rescued them.
- Sgt. Nikolai Zinoviev - Squad B
- Cpl. Carlos Oliveira - Squad A
- Cpt. Mikhail Victor - Platoon leader
In the S. D. Perry novelisation, Resident Evil: Nemesis, several more characters are added to the platoon as part of Carlos' squad: Bjorklund; Deets; Mitch Hirami; Sean Olson; Randy Thomas and Waller.
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, "Merc's Pocketbook"
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, opening movie
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, "*static* No. Can anyone? Our platoon is cut off. No survivors found. This is Carlos *static* Send in support immediately."
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - Tram scene
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, ending cutscene