(Capcom's primary storyline)
The Doctor Zombie is the name given to an otherwise unnamed doctor who worked on Rockfort Island.
The anatomist was a mentally unstable schizophrenic, and sadist, believing there to be a demon within his head that made him dangerously impulsive and enjoyed watching people die. Despite this, the island's commandant, Lord Alfred Ashford, allowed him to continue his medical profession on the island, and even constructed an underground chamber below the medical hut so he could perform sadistic rituals on camp prisoners before their eventual death and subsequent dissection. The chamber was hidden from others by an elaborate door mechanism. The doctor grew to fear Lord Ashford, however, understanding clearly that such a man could easily decide on his death, should he lose favor.
During the t-Virus outbreak, the doctor sustained a serious leg fracture, and was infected.[note 1] Unconscious, he was mistaken for dead and placed inside a body bag. He later escaped from the bag and began eating part of an unconscious body he had dissected prior to his infection. Both got up to attack Claire Redfield when she was discovered, though both were subsequently defeated by her.
- Koichi Hamamura, ed (2001) (in Japanese). BIOHAZARD CODE: Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-0422-4.
- Exerpt from BIOHAZARD CODE: Veronica Kanzenban kaitai shinsho, page 66:
"解剖医がゾンビ化したもの。[1-12] 刑務所・医務室に1度だけ現れる(→P.143)。移動が速いうえ絶対に転倒せず、 さらには脚部破壊が不可能という特性も持つ。"
- Excerpt from BIOHAZARD CODE: Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho, p.143:
"ドクターゾンビ登場のイベントシーンが終了した直後、 この位置まで逃げてから攻撃。武器は、 カスタムハンドガンか火薬付きボウガンの矢がオススメだ。"
- Resident Evil CODE:Veronica (2000), file: "Anatomist's Note"
- Hamamura, Kaitaishinsho, p.66
- Hamamura, Kaitaishinsho, p.143