There are four different types of eggs: Gold, White, Brown and Rotten. White eggs are the most common, then Brown, then Gold and Rotten. Rotten Eggs only appear in Resident Evil 5
In Resident Evil 4, in game they are called "White Chicken Egg", "Brown Chicken Egg", and "Gold Chicken Egg", In Resident Evil 5 they are titled as "Egg (White)", "Egg (Brown)", "Egg (Gold)", and "Egg (Rotten)"
In-game, chickens will randomly lay different types of eggs and drop one when killed in both Mercenaries games. Killing snakes will make them drop eggs.
In-game, in both games eggs can either be eaten for health recovery or thrown as weapons. In Resident Evil 4, all eggs take up 1 space in the attache case. In Resident Evil 5, like grenades, 5 of one kind can be stored in one space in the invitory system.
Gold, White, and Brown eggs have a chance of stunning an enemy when thrown at them and do 300 damage each in Resident Evil 5, Rotten eggs will make a Majini drop dead no matter how much health they have.
In Resident Evil 4, killing a Majini with an egg unlocks the "Egg on your Face" achievement/trophy. Collecting all 4 kinds of eggs unlocks the "Egg Hunt" achievement/trohpy.
|Residet Evil 4||Resodent Evil 5|
Eggs in Resident Evil 5 can only be used the holder onto him or herself, unlike herbs and sprays which can heal both characters
Egg Selling Values
|Resident Evil 4||Resident Evil 5|
|White||300 PTAS||N 250|
|Brown||600 PTAS||N 500|
|Gold||3,000 PTAS||N 1,000|
Eggs can not be bought in either game
- The aiming and throwing animations are the same as grenades.
- In Resident Evil 5, throwing a rotten egg at Majini will kill them in one hit, exceptions are bosses, but they will receive high damage. Additionally, if a Majini is killed by an egg, he or she won't spout a plaga, no matter what.
- In Resident Evil 5, the "Rotten Egg Glitch" (both systems work), is when one player gives a rotten egg via online play. The person who received the egg can quit the game and save. The person who gave the egg cannot. You can keep doing this to get all your inventory spaces filled. Once sold, a full inventory of rotten eggs can be sold for 90,000 money.
- In Resident Evil 4, eggs are nowhere close to deadly, but if thrown at a Ganado that is jumping over a body of water (ex. the dam in chapter 2) they will fall in. If you throw an egg at a Ganado in the face, they will act as if they were shot in the face, making them susceptible to reaction commands.
- In Resident Evil 4, a player can break the eggs if they shoot or hit them with a knife.
- In Resident Evil 4, while on the Inventory Menu, equipping an egg will show Leon playfully throwing the egg up and catching as it fall.