(Capcom's primary storyline)
"OPEN UP! HURRY! OPEN UP! OPEN THIS GODDAMN DOOR!"
Elliot Edward was a police officer for the Raccoon Police Department. Edward was one of dozens of police officers trapped within the besieged Raccoon Police Station during the Raccoon City Destruction Incident. He was ultimately killed on September 29.
Elliot was ordered into the Raccoon Police Station around the night of September 24, as the contaminated drinking water caused tens of thousands to mutate into zombies. He did not appear to have been involved with the last handful of officers planning an escape from Raccoon City on the 28th, most likely due to the situation being scattered and chaotic.
With the building compromised and the police having taken near total casualties, he planned a last, desperate escape with David Ford and Marvin Branagh from the building by opening up old passage ways and escaping into the sewers, as suggested by officer Rita Phillips a few days earlier.  He was killed on the night of September 29, having been cornered and attacked by zombies at a shuttered security point. Before dying, Elliot handed over his notebook to newly-arrived officer, Leon S. Kennedy, which contained information regarding the passage near the statue. Later, he awoke as a zombie and encountered Leon or Claire Redfield, after the former opened the Watchman's Room's gate.
- In the 1998 original Resident Evil 2, Elliot was killed during a bungled evacuation effort via helicopter, in which both Elliot and the pilot are killed. However, the 2019 remake instead has him die in the Watchman's Room, inside the Police Station, proper.
- His death is censored in the CERO D version of the 2019 remake.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Resident Evil 2 - Live Gameplay Demo @ Playstation Live E3 2018
- ↑ Resident Evil 2 (2019), file: "Operation Report"
- ↑ Resident Evil 2 (1998), file: "Operation Report 2".
- ↑ Resident Evil 2 (1998), scene: "Helicopter Scene".