"Ammo for a grenade launcher. The napalm inside ignites on impact, setting the surrounding area on fire."
— Inventory description - English
— Inventory description - Japanese
Flame Rounds are the standard ammunition used for grenade launcher the GM 79. In addition, they can only be found at various locations in the game, and not crafted unlike most other standard weapon ammunition.
After the shot, it creates a small fire in its area of effect, which stays lit for a small period of time. Enemies can also be set on fire with it. It's highly effective against most enemies in the game; killing Lickers in just one shot if their bodies remain within the fire. Its relatively large area of effect and damage over time makes it a formidable tool.
Care should be taken when firing it however, as the field of flame slows down the player's movement to walking speed. Thus if one decides to use this while being chased by the Tyrant, it could potentially cause harm to the player indirectly.
Ivy Zombie is susceptible to this ammo, this is the only way for Claire to permanently kill them.
- On the sink in the southeast corner of the Break Room (2nd scenario only) (x2).
- Safety Deposit Room:
- Shower Room:
- On the desk on the northeast area of the S.T.A.R.S. office (x2).
- On the metal shelves in the southeast corner of the East Storage Room (x2).
- On the small trolley in the Firing Range's southeast corner of the target area (x2).
- On the cabinet on the west side of the Secret Room (x2).
- On a chair in the south east corner of the Control Room (x1).
- On the bench in the middle of the Security Room (x1).
- On the table on the south side of the Nap Room (x1).
- On the metal shelves in the northwest corner of the Server Room (x3).
- On the seats on the north side of the Lounge's main breakout area (x3).