Frost was the author of the Researcher's Will, (which is found in the same room as his body) and was responsible for lowering the temperature of the facility to defeat the Hunters. According to the file, Frost was injured by a Hunter R. This would explain why he died on the temperature control console. A group of survivors from the Raccoon City Incident, one of which was a former researcher in the facility, Yoko Suzuki, later found his body in the same console with his hand frozen to the control lever. The survivors had to use a blowtorch to unfreeze the console, releasing Frost's body to fall to the floor, and burning his right hand in the process.
Frost has two unlockable versions, and they are in the same set, and they are unlocked by completing Below Freezing Point on VERY HARD difficulty. In File #2, the set is already unlocked and can be purchased for a cheaper price, and they can be made playable without purchasing with the Data Convert.
Both versions are George-type characters.
Frost's stats are as follows:
- a relatively high vitality between 2600 and 3000.
- an infection rate of 1.21% per minute
- a movement speed of 0.57
- a damage multiplier of X0.96.
Frost: B is shown to have an injured hand. He has the following stats:
- an average vitality of between 2000 and 2500
- an infection rate of 1.34% per minute
- a movement speed of 0.81
- an attack multiplier of X1.00.
- Frost's name might be a pun to the scenario's theme due to it involving some rooms, mainly in the B4F, being frozen. It could also be a reference to his body being frozen to the temperature control console.
- Interestingly, the injured version never starts in DANGER status, unlike most characters with injuries on their character models.
- This is most likely because the injury was post mortem, since the survivors had to burn his hand to unfreeze the console he was frozen to, in order to turn on the same console to escape the underground laboratory.
- Both versions of Frost are referred to as SCHOLAR1 and SCHOLAR2 respectively in File #1.