A very large muscular African male with a beret and a pair of sunglasses. He has a cigar in his mouth, a yellow vest, a necklace around his neck and army cargo pants. His main weapon is the Gatling Gun, and an ammunition container is mounted on his back (should be noted that attacking his ammo container will not damage him). This Majini is the successor to the J.J. from RE4.
- In 6-1 shoot him in the head with any weapon except a Handgun. Handguns are NOT recommended when facing this Majini. (However, hitting him with the 93R's three-round-burst to his head or leg can stun this Majini, allowing for a melee) Then use a melee move and repeat the process.
- A good strategy is to get up close and personal, as he will often swing his gatling gun at you, which if your timing is right, you can easly dodge. After this, swiftly shoot him in the head a few times with a Magnum or Shotgun (reccomended a fully upgraded Handcannon or Benelli M3). After this, he will jump maniacly around holding his head. At this point you will be able to perform Chris/Sheva's signature moves, the Haymaker/Back Kick, which, at least for Chris, does insane damage. 2-4 Haymakers (depending on which gun you use) will dispose of him.
- In 6-3, there are two of them. Reapers (Comes actually when you open the the second and last bulkhead, but if you haven't killed them, they will also be fighting together with the Gatling Majini) and Base Majini attack at the same time they do. The most effective way to dispose of them is to use the mounted turret gun to attack them, or use a Rocket Launcher to try and kill them. They drop the Keycard A and Keycard B.
- In 6-3, if you are quick enough, fire a RPG to the ground "between" them before they separate, this should kill both of them.
- Flanking from the rear is generally ineffective, as their back-mounted ammo container is completely bulletproof. The same occurs when the player carries the gatling gun.
- There are several occasions where he will not shoot you, but instead fire upwards as if taunting the player, thus leaving him completely exposed. This usually happens when a player has been downed by either his gunfire, or a smack with the gatling gun itself. In co-op, or when the A.I. controlled partner gets downed, this is your moment to strike. Use this as an advantage.
- While the Gatling Gun Majini are taunting you, if you are playing as Chris, go behind them and use the Haymaker move. Although this will leave you exposed, it will deal heavy damage.
- His exceptional vitality doesn't allow for many openings as he can take staggering amounts of damage before being killed. Always make use of available cover and use a Sniper Rifle to attack from a relatively safe distance. Always aim for the head to down him and use a high damaging melee move like the Haymaker Punch of Chris.
- Gatling Gun fire - Damage varies—first shot is usually weak, but damage gradually builds up as the bullets connect, to the point of knocking a player down & dealing massive damage (or leaving them in Dying state.)
- Hand Grenade - Can do fatal to minimal damage, depending on the range you or your partner is away from the blast. The grenade itself can be shot out in mid-air.
- Barrel Swing -The Majini will whack them away with the barrel of his Gatling Gun, causing medium damage.
- Block - He will cross his arms and slide back. You will be prompted to do Uppercut for Chris, Somersault for Sheva, Sweep Kick for Jill, and Tiger Uppercut for Wesker. He will only do this after being shot in the upper body by a shotgun.
- Kneel - He will drop to his knees. You will be prompted to do Backhand for Chris, Spinning Back Kick for Sheva, Cartwheel Kick for Jill, and Rhino Charge for Wesker. He will do this when shot on the lower part of his body with any weapon.
- Headshot Stun - He will grab his head and swing around for a while, creating an opening. You will be prompted to Haymaker for Chris, Spinning Back Kick for Sheva, Cartwheel kick for Jill, and Ghost Butterfly for Wesker. He will do this when he is hit in the head or upper chest with a powerful weapon such as a Rifle or Magnum.
- Recovering from Melee - He will do this only after being attacked from another melee, you will prompted to do Haymaker for Chris, Back Kick for Sheva, Cartwheel kick for Jill, Ghost Butterfly for Wesker, Hurricane for Barry Burton, Disco Spin for Excella Gionne, and Stun Gun for Rebecca Chambers.
Resident Evil: The Deck Building Game
Gatling Gun Majini appears as an Infected card in the Resident Evil DBG, appearing in the base set. He can be seen as one of the heavy hitters of the Mansion mostly due to his effect. From the start he inflicts 25 damage if the player fails to defeat him. And if that is the case, his effect gives him an additional +5 damage for every x10 ammo the attacking player has. For example, if a player used only a Shotgun (which does 25 by itself and takes 40 ammo to use) then he would inflict +20 damage (for a total of 45). He has 40 health, the most common amount in the set, which makes it somewhat difficult for him to utilize the effect.
- Gatling Gun Majini are the only sub-bosses in the game that don't drop treasure. The three you encounter in story mode all drop key cards.
- The Gatling Gun Majini is near-identical (effectively working as an analogue) to the J.J.s from Resident Evil 4, save for the former's ammo case, and appear to replace them as sub bosses for the Resident evil 4 stages in Resident Evil:The Mercenaries 3D.
- The ammo container for this Majini and the one used by Chris Redfield when equipping the gatling gun are both fully resistant to attacks.
- Like all sub-bosses in Resident Evil 4 and 5, the Gatling Gun Majini has two variants, white gatling gun with sunglasses and a beret, and red gatling gun with a red eye patch along with a red vest, also without wearing a beret. This is most likely to help with defeating them in story mode (e.g. remembering which one has been damaged more)
- He is one of the few regular Majini who speaks in English, which can be heard when he starts spooling up his Gatling gun. When you're playing slayer mode, he will sometimes be at the Experimental Facility.
- They are one of the few enemies in the game that you can perform a combo finisher right after being stunned and does not require a partner to do so.
- It takes one shot from a fully upgraded S75 rifle to stun him.
- In the Mercenaries Reunion after a certain amount of points have been obtained he may appear.
- He also appears on the DLC campaign, Desperate Escape, attacking Josh Stone and Jill Valentine. He only comes out however, when played on Veteran or Professional. Although, this is not entirely true, as one might come out of the cargo container and elevator on normal and amateur mode, only if the player is fighting town Majini; if the player is fighting base Majini, a Red Executioner will come out from the elevator instead.
- If you run away far enough he will apparently lose you and will never find you unless you return to him.
- In 6-3, it's possible for this Majini to kill the Reapers with his Gatling Gun fire.
- Gatling gun majini are somewhat similar the Doom 3's chaingun commando, a large humanoid creature wielding a chaingun.
- It is one of the few majini that do not erupt ANY kind of Plaga from any part of their body. The others are: Chainsaw Majini, The Executioner (both the normal and the red one), Giant Majini and the Big Man Majini. The Majini stated above also do not dissolve after being killed. These are the most formidable and rare opponents in RE5.
- Being able to withstand the most shots from firearms as well as a his target's strongest melee attacks, the Gatling Gun Majini can possibly take more damage than any other Majini.
- Besides the Agitator, who only appears once, he's the only Majini who wears sunglasses.