(Capcom's primary storyline)
Unlike other spider-based B.O.W.s, Black Widows completely lacked body hair.
The Giant Black Widow serves as a boss in Resident Evil CODE: Veronica , but its fight with Chris Redfield is not required as the player can simply leave the package sorting room after obtaining Alexander's pierce. If the player intends to kill it, the Magnum is recommended to be used due to creature's HP. The player should also keep a distance, as Giant Black Widow has powerful attacks and can deal poison. After death, its baby spiders will attack the player.
Giant Black Widow's standard health value is 250HP. On Japan's "Very Easy" mode, it is lowered to 160.
Giant Black Widow can perform only two attacks in Resident Evil CODE:Veronica.
|Scratch (引っかき hikkaki )||40||Physical attack.|
|Venom (毒液 dokueki )||20||Enemy spits poison on the player, potentially poisoning them.|
|M-100P||15x(1-2)[note 1]||8x(1-2)[note 2]|
|Bowgun w/ arrows||12||12||12|
|Bowgun w/ gunpowder arrows||50||50||50|
|Submachine gun||3x(1-2)[note 3]|
|Grenade Launcher (Grenades)||Hit, 25x(1-5); Blast, 40x(1-5)[note 4]|
|Grenade Launcher (Acid)||Hit and blast, 100|
|Grenade Launcher (Napalm)||Hit and blast, 50. Fire damage, 1.|
|Grenade Launcher (anti-B.O.W. gas)||Hit and blast, 10. Gas reduces HP by half.|
- ↑ Damage is calculated as 15 multiplied by 1 or 2, meaning each round causes either 15 or 30 damage at this range.
- ↑ Damage is calculated as 8 multiplied by 1 or 2, meaning each round causes either 8 or 16 damage at mid and long-range.
- ↑ The damage is calculated as 3 multiplied by one or two. Each round will cause 3 or 6 damage.
- ↑ The damage values of the initial Hit and the Blast are calculated as 25 multiplied by a random number between 1 and 5. Combined, the damage from this weapon could go from 65 to 325 damage.
- Koichi Hamamura, ed (2001) (in Japanese). BIOHAZARD CODE: Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-0422-4.
- Sumner, Christian; Shotten, Brian; Owen, Michael, eds (9 November 2005). Resident Evil Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered. Translated by Zpang America, Inc.. BradyGames. ISBN 0744006554.
- ↑ Resident Evil Archives, pp.169-170
- ↑ https://youtu.be/U3Xd1OUe3AY?t=145
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hamamura (ed.), Kaitai Shinsho, p.86.