(Capcom's primary storyline)
When an abandoned hospital within the mountains was taken over by mutant plants, mutant humans infected with the t-Virus were parasitised by its saplings, which took up root deep within their bodies. While bodily identical to any other Zombies, Green Zombies were protected by the plants, and would release a poisonous fog if the host was attacked, or otherwise release the fog if the Zombie attacked another.
|Poison Spore (毒胞子)||100-150||100-180||120-200||150-250|
The only attack unique to Green Zombie over standard Zombies is "Poison Spore", where the parasitic plant inhabiting the Zombie releases its spores during a fight.
- If possible, it is recommended to keep distance from them, due their poisonous spores they will release after shot or hit with a melee weapon.
- Several weapons will be best to defend against their attacks, these are:
- Concrete piece: They can make them step back a little, leaving a chance for the player to escape. However, the poisonous spores will be released.
- Spear: David's home made weapon will cause them a great amount of damage, and reduces the spores attack by 50%.
- Shotgun/Shotgun E: The shotgun will still release the spores, however if shot in a short distance (and to the head), it might instantly kill the zombies on Easy, Normal and, rarely, on Hard.
- Green Chemical Bottles: It will instantly kill the green zombies, and it won't release the spores.
- Axe: As soon the player finds the Axe, there's no need to carry another weapon, as it will kill any enemy in game within a little time. Green zombies still release spores when struck but there's a slight chance of knocking them to the ground with the Axe occasionally, preventing them from releasing spores.
- Grenade Launcher: Recommended to be left for Dorothy. Will instantly kill the zombie.