Grey Chemical Bottles are a type of improvised weapon in Resident Evil Outbreak and its sequel, File #2. As the name states, it is a chemical stored in glass bottles that the survivors can use to defend themselves against the hordes of undead and other creatures. A stronger countepart of the Yellow Chemical Bottle, these bottles are filled with an explosive agent that is unleashed on contact when the bottle shatters, and this inflicts massive damage to an enemy. Also, it will inflict the same amount of damage to nearby enemies due to the blast radius. It is highly recommended to use this against a group of enemies or even bosses, should the situation see fit.
In the first Outbreak, the Grey Chemical Bottle is only found in Below Freezing Point, mainly in the B7F area. In File #2, it is only found in End of the Road, throughout the lab, as well as in certain challenges.
- They are always found in packs of 3.
- In the first game, after their use, a player must open the inventory and equip another one, but on the second game, the item will be automatically equipped.
- Hunters will die with a single vial.
- They will only cause half of their damage to the G boss, as it does with most other weapons.
- Unlike the Yellow Chemical Bottle, it will cause Blast Radious Damage on nearby enemies.