The Gun Powder, is an item found in Resident Evil 3. It is used with the Reloading Tool item to make ammo for your weapons. They can also be combined with Grenade Rounds to create especial grenade types. There are three kinds of Gun Powder: A, B, and C.
Continuous use of the reloading tool might increase the quantity of ammunition created for the following combinations. The numbers listed show the quantity to expect when making ammunition.
Note: These numbers only refer to the quantity of normal ammunition produced. The number of rounds made increases the more times that the mentioned combo is used.
Furthermore, after using a Gunpowder A combination or a Gunpowder B combination 8 times, the option will be unlocked to make enhanced ammunition for that gunpowder type instead of normal rounds. When a batch of enhanced ammo is made, the quantity of ammo will be reduced to compensate for the increased power per shot. To give you a rough idea of the power difference, take note that a single Enhanced Handgun Round will make Nemesis flinch, whereas he'll simply shrug off normal handgun rounds. Making batches of enhanced ammo will cause the bullets per combination result to rise with use, just like with normal ammunition.
Note also that you will get more ammo per mixture in Easy Mode than in Hard Mode. In Easy Mode, as a diligent collector of gun powder, you can easily survive the last third of the game using nothing but the Magnum.
- Handgun ammo combinations
- Gunpowder A: 15 handgun ammo
- Gunpowder A+A: 35 handgun ammo
- Gunpowder A+A+A: 55 Handgun ammo
- Gunpowder B+B+A: 60 Handgun ammo
- Shotgun shells combinations
- Gunpowder B: 7 Shotgun shells
- Gunpowder B+B: 18 Shotgun shells
- Gunpowder A+A+B: 22 Shotgun shells
- Gunpowder B+B+B: 30 shotgun shells
- Grenade rounds combinations
-To create gunpowder C mix gunpowder A and B together.
- Gunpowder C: 10 Grenade rounds
- Gunpowder A+C: 10 Flame rounds
- Gunpowder B+C: 10 Acid rounds
- Gunpowder C+C: 10 Freeze rounds
- Gunpowder A + 6 grenade rounds: 6 Flame rounds
- Gunpowder A+A + 6 grenade rounds: 12 Flame rounds
- Gunpowder A+A+A + 6 grenade rounds: 18 Flame rounds
- Gunpowder B + 6 grenade rounds: 6 Acid rounds
- Gunpowder B+B + 6 grenade rounds: 12 Acid rounds
- Gunpowder B+B+B + 6 grenade rounds: 18 Acid rounds
- Gunpowder C + 6 grenade rounds: 6 Freeze rounds
- Gunpowder C+C + 6 grenade rounds: 12 Freeze rounds
- Gunpowder C+C+C + 6 grenade rounds: 18 Freeze rounds
- Magnum rounds combinations
- Gunpowder C+C+C: 24 Magnum rounds