"While avoiding blasts of flame, we proceeded through the smoke-encased hotel. We now knew the true meaning of "hell."
Four survivors found themselves surrounded by a horde of zombies, as they run into an alleyway, they become trapped when they find zombies at either end. With nowhere else to go, they choose a third way - a door leading away.
Meanwhile, two firefighters - Len and Charlie - inspect the boiler room of the Apple Inn. After the boiler shows signs of a malfunction, the two retreat, but are too late to avoid an explosion caused by the boiler. The ensuing damage to the building forces the structure to lean over the door, blocking the three survivors within the Inn's courtyard. As the survivors travel around the burning hotel, they run into various zombies, lickers, and dying or already dead hotel visitors. When the group reach the Apple Inn's front lobby, they fight a half-transformed Licker known as "Suspended" which appears to be a zombie-licker hybrid. Soon after the Suspended's death, a firefighter breaks open the door and helps all of the remaining survivors out of the Apple Inn. The firefighter will have a talk giving hope to the survivor and after that, will remember his fallen comrades.
|Unlocked safe in Room 101.||20|
|Provided emergency power.||20|
|Solved Europe maps puzzle.||30|
|Dropped crate in the owner's room.||20|
|Destroyed 304/305 wall.||30|
|Cleared with Len's tag.||50|
|Cleared with Charlie's tag.||50|
|Cleared w/Len and Charlie tags.||50|
|Obtained Apple Inn map.||30|
|Obtained "Guest Memo 1."||20|
|Obtained "Guest Memo 2."||20|
|Obtained "Guest Memo 3."||10|
|Obtained "Janitor's Repair Memo."||20|
|Obtained "Janitor's Daily Report."||20|
|Obtained "Guard's Notebook."||10|
|Obtained "Emergency Manual."||20|
|Obtained "Guest List Copy."||20|
|Got "Hotel Charge Breakdown."||20|
|Defeated Regis Licker.||20|
|Opened secret security rm. door.||20|
|Used motorized ladder.||10|
|Used card key to unlock door.||20|
|Used passcode to unlock door.||20|
|Used gold relief key.||20|
|Used silver relief key.||20|
|Rang front lobby bell.||30|
|Opened locker with lockpick.||30|
|Watched "Call over Radio."||10|
|Watched "Regis Licker Appears."||20|
- Unidentified survivor
- Wounded business woman
- Len - the poorly maintained boiler exploded, killing him.
- Charlie - the poorly maintained boiler exploded, killing him.
- In Hard and Very Hard modes, the players would have to notice if there is smoking coming down some doors; if those doors are open the character would suffer a hit from the "backdraft" which would deal a lot of damage.
- The Suspended boss fight will have two re-spawning lickers which would protect her from the survivor's attacks. Both of them can be incapacitated if the player rings the fire alarm in the reception; if this is done in Very Hard mode, the lickers would gather in-front of the Suspended as if they want to protect her.
- An Unknown survivor would be found resting in one of the bathrooms. If a player goes to talk to him it would warn about the "creatures with the spear-like tongue " that pierced his torso. No matter what, this survivor will die.