(Written from a Production point of view)
"During the Raccoon City disaster, certain people became key figures in the unfolding events - some seeking to defend Umbrella and other to expose the truth. Defend those figures who have allied with you. Kill the others."
Heroes Mode is a multiplayer gameplay mode featured in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. It is a competitive, team-based gametype wherein players assume the roles of "heroes" from the Raccoon City Outbreak. Each character will have their own unique abilities. Alongside the other team, players will also have to contend with a variety of B.O.W.s.
- Leon S. Kennedy - A rookie cop and one of the surviving Raccoon City Police Department, and as a cop, he is targeted by the U.S.S.
- Heroes Mode Abilities:, Body Armor, Proximity Detection, Incendiary Rounds, Super Soldier, Threat scanner.
- Claire Redfield - College student and sister to Chris Redfield. She was "prosecuted" by the WOLFPACK.
- Heroes Mode Abilities: First-Aid Proficiency, Antiviral Proficiency, Stimpack, Painkiller, Attraction Pheremone.
- Jill Valentine - A former S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team member and a survivor of the "mansion incident".
- Heroes Mode Abilities: Blast Master, Stealth Run, Laser Trip Mine, Timed Sticky Explosive, Motion Detector
- Carlos Oliveira - One of the few surviving U.B.C.S. mercenaries, he joins forces with Jill to survive.
- Heroes Mode Abilities, Blast Armor, Quick Reload, Guns A Blazing, Fragmentation Mines, Timed Sticky Explosive.
The U.S.S. team are based on the antagonists or Umbrella allies of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, except for NIGHT HAWK, who is based on an unseen character in The Umbrella Chronicles
- HUNK - A U.S.S. veteran member known as "Mr. Death", confirmed via Inserted Evil clue #4; the Wolfpack met with him after he obtained a G-Virus sample.
- Heroes Mode Abilities: proximity detection, stealth run, active camo, bio-thermal vision, sonar vision:
- Nicholai Ginovaef - A Russian mercenary of the U.B.C.S., he was confirmed to play an important role in the main game.
- Heroes Mode Abilities: Blast Master, Blast Armor, Laser Trip Mine, Fragmentation Mine, Attraction Pheremone.
- NIGHT HAWK - A legendary helicopter pilot of Umbrella. He does not appear in the main storyline.
- Heroes Mode Abilities: Body Armor, Antiviral Proficiency, Induce Infection, Attraction Pheremone, Guns A Blazing.
- Ada Wong - A female spy sent by The Organization to obtain a G-Virus sample.
- Heroes Mode Abilities: First Aid Proficiency, Quick Reload, Incendiary Rounds, Neutralize Infection, Painkiller.
How to Play
The object of the game is to eliminate the opposing team's heroes while trying to keep your team's alive until the end of the game. Both teams spawn as heroes; when a hero is killed by either the horde of zombies or a member of the opposing team that player then respawns as an Echo Six or Wolfpack member with lower health and less powerful weapons. The game ends when all of one team's heroes, are either eaten by zombies or gunned down by the opposing team.
- Ada is surprisingly placed on the villains team despite not actually being on Umbrella's side nor a villainous character.
- NIGHT HAWK makes his debut in this multiplayer mode.
- Some of the characters shown in their renders are not using their trade mark weapons.
- Contrary to what some might think, the term "Heroes" applies to both the Spec Ops team and the USS team. Therefore, the "Fallen Idols" award can be achieved by single-handedly killing four Heroes from either team in a single match.