(Capcom's primary storyline)
A derivation from Umbrella's Hunter B.O.W. program, the Hunter II's origins were the result of Albert Wesker providing a rival organization with Umbrella's classified development data and embryos of the prototype Hunter α.
The first known usage of the Hunter II was by the rival company's special forces unit HCF (Hive/Host Capture Force) during their attack on Rockfort Island. This model was far more intelligent than Umbrella's model, as it could track down its target through an automated surveillance device called a Seeker (also sometimes called a Spotter), which directed the Hunter to the target with a special frequency. [notes 1] The frequency is presumably received by the special device on the left side of the hunter's head that also comes with an eyepiece.
These creatures are first encountered by Chris Redfield on Rockfort Island shortly after the appearance of Albert Wesker.
- Koichi Hamamura, ed (2001) (in Japanese). BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-0422-4.
- Sumner, Christian; Shotten, Brian; Owen, Michael, eds (9 November 2005). Resident Evil Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered. Translated by Zpang America, Inc.. BradyGames. ISBN 0744006554.
- ↑ Excerpt from BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho, page 74:
"ウェスカーの所属する謎の組織、 彼のもたらしたアンブレラのB.O.W.｢ハンター｣情報をもとのの、 開発した兵器。外観はアンブレラそれと変わらないものの、 周辺機器の｢自走式監視機｣により行動の刺御が可能なぶん、 兵器としての実用はオリジナルより高い。なかても爪に毒性を持つタイプは、 作戦区域内の掃討を目的に造られたため｢スウィーパー（掃討者）｣と呼ばれる。"
- ↑ Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (2009), file: "Hunter II"
- ↑ Resident Evil Archives - Page 154