(Capcom's primary storyline)
Joseph Frost (ジョセフ・フロスト Josefu Furosuto ) was a member of the Special Tactics And Rescue Service Alpha team; a law enforcement unit serving in Raccoon City alongside the Raccoon Police Department. Frost was known for his trademark red bandana and his hot-blooded nature which ran in tandem with his generally cheerful personality.[excerpt 1]
Joseph was one of the members of Alpha team when they discovered the wreckage of Bravo team's helicopter on July 24, 1998. Joseph was the officer who discovered the partially eaten corpse of Bravo team's pilot, Kevin Dooley. Whilst searching through the forest, he was distracted by a pack of Cerberuses roaming the Arklay Mountains. Moving away from the rest of Alpha team, he was mauled to death when a number of Cerberus dogs attacked en masse.
Unable to fend off the Cerberus pack, Joseph was overwhelmed and his screams of pain alerted the other members of the unit. Fellow Alpha team member, Jill Valentine, attempted to help, unloading an entire pistol magazine into the pack, with no success. After killing Joseph, they quickly turned to Jill and the other Alpha team members, pursuing them towards the nearby mansion.
- The death of Joseph is portrayed very differently in the original 1996 version of Resident Evil. In the original game, Joseph searches the surrounding area for any clues as to the whereabouts of Bravo team, and discovers a pistol held by a severed human hand lying in the grass. In the uncut intro, he manages to kill a few of the Cerberuses, before being bitten in the throat and eaten by the rest of the pack.
- He is the first and quite truthfully the only S.T.A.R.S. Alpha team member to be killed during the Mansion incident. The second being S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team Captain Albert Wesker, though it would later be revealed that he faked his death with the use of a regenerative virus.
- Joseph, Edward Dewey and Brad Vickers are characters not playable in Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. This is due to none of them having in-game models.
- Joseph wielded a customized Mossberg M590 in the remake.
- Hideki Kamiya admits to taking the name Joseph from the character Joseph Joestar from the popular Japanese manga and anime series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- Hamamura, Koichi, ed (2002) (in Japanese). biohazard Kaitai Shinsho. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-0980-3.
- Sumner, Christian; Shotten, Brian; Owen, Michael, eds (9 November 2005). Resident Evil Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered. Translated by Zpang America, Inc.. BradyGames. ISBN 0744006554.
- Ōno, Tetsuya; Masui, Kō, eds (31 March 2005). biohazard archives. Famitsu. ISBN 4-906-582-31-1.
- ↑ "ジョセフ・フロスト整備担当。 頭のバンダナがトレードっマーク。陽気なムードメーカーだが、 血の気が多く好戦的で、 ふとしたはずみで暴走しがち。今回の出動においては、 森林地帯で率先してブラヴォーチームの捜索に当たっていたところをケルベロスの群れに急襲され、 アルファチーム最初の犠牲者となった。"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Archives, p.135
- ↑ Hamamura (ed.), kaitaishinsho, p.018.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Resident Evil (2002), scene: "opening cutscene2
- ↑ Hideki Kamiya Twitter post 2011-10-06