Kendo Gun Shop was a gun store located in downtown Raccoon City. The gun shop was tucked away in one of Flower Street's alleyways against the Raccoon Police Station. The store was owned and operated by Robert Kendo, a gun enthusiast and good friend of Barry Burton. It was also the supplier of weapons for the Special Tactics and Rescue Service, using weapons specially modified by Robert Kendo's brother.
In September 1998 Kendo's inventory was emptied out to civilians during the outbreak, leaving very little behind for remaining survivors to pick through. Robert hid in the store from the zombies, along with his wife and daughter Emma , who were later infected in the process. Robert was forced to kill his wife and later his daughter, after his encounter with Leon Scott Kennedy and Ada Wong on September 29.
- The gun shop appears in the demo of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City but is inaccessible. In an interview, producer Mike Jones hinted at the possibility of exploring the shop and finding weapons. However, this feature was never implemented in the final release.
- The gun shop is one of several landmarks featured in the Raccoon City parody level of Capcom's Under the Skin video game.
- ↑ Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Fax From Kendo (file).
- ↑ Resident Evil 2 (Nintendo 64), file: "Robert's Note".
- ↑ Capcom Unity youtube channel, Capcom E3 Live Stream: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Producer Interview