"Ah! No! Get away from me!
Dr. Kenneth J. Sullivan was S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team's point man and in charge of reconnaissance and position security. Kenneth also put his knowledge as a chemist to good use. As well as his role in S.T.A.R.S., the "mild-mannered" Kenneth spent his free time pursuing his hobby of landscaping, of which he was something of a connoisseur.[notes 1]
On July 23, 1998, Bravo team was sent out into the Arklay Mountains within the Raccoon Forest, to investigate the cause of a number of animal attacks and cannibalistic homicides. Their helicopter would suffer a serious problem with its engine, due to an apparent sabotage.[notes 2] The chopper went down over the trees, but Raccoon City Police Department pilot Kevin Dooley and his S.T.A.R.S. co-pilot Edward Dewey had just enough control to land soft enough to avoid injuries.
After a brief search of the area, an upturned Marine MP truck and its missing prisoner prompted a halt to the initial investigation, to be replaced by a man-hunt. The team would find their way into a deserted mansion, where they would lose contact with one another over the next day. Forest Speyer would be killed by crows in the top floor balcony, Dewey had split up from the team before reaching the mansion and was mauled by a pack of Cerberus, even though he managed to escape from them, he eventually succumbed to his wounds and died. Rebecca Chambers too would disappear for the night having discovered a deserted train and the prisoner on it, Enrico Marini would disappear from the mansion altogether, while Richard Aiken would be attacked by a gigantic venomous snake.
After the S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team's arrival at the mansion late on the 24th, Kenneth was attacked by a zombie in the Dining Room. [notes 3] He escaped to the corridor where his gunshots failed to strike it down. The creature grabbed hold of him and began ripping through his neck. When S.T.A.R.S. members Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield arrived in the room seconds later, he struggled to breathe with the blood entering his lungs, where he died shortly after.
Kenneth is a playable character in Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, the Nintendo DS re-release of the original game. He can be selected in the game's multiplayer mode. Choosing him makes him exclaim "I'm ready for this!"
- In the 1996 version of Resident Evil, Kenneth is decapitated, with his head laying at least a foot from his body and examining his corpse says that he's a mere shadow of his former self. In the GameCube remake, Kenneth's throat is simply torn out.
- The item Kenneth is holding is different in the Remake. In the original, the player can find two clips (the game's incorrect name for a handgun magazine) for the Handgun, whilst in the Remake he is instead holding a videotape the player can view later on that shows his demise.
- A 1995 game show demonstration of the game showed Kenneth's body in the room to the right of the main hall, as opposed to being near the dining room.
- In the original Resident Evil, if a player triggers the alternate zombie encounter, when Kenneth's body is found, it will be missing its legs and ammo will no longer be obtained from his corpse.
- After the Hunters have overcome the mansion, several bodies will be missing such as Kenneth's, Richard's and Forest's. This was only in the original version of the game.
- Kenneth's Film shows him firing five shots in quick succession towards the zombie, but when Chris and Jill enter the mansion at the same time of his attack, they only hear one shot.
- Hamamura, Koichi, ed (2003) (in Japanese). biohazard 0 KAITAISHINSHO. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-1298-7.
- Sumner, Christian; Shotten, Brian; Owen, Michael, eds (9 November 2005). Resident Evil Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered. Translated by Zpang America, Inc.. BradyGames. ISBN 0744006554.
- ↑ Excerpt from biohazard 0 kaitaishinsho, p.012:
"偵察や陣地確保などの危険な任務を進んでこなす、 S.T.A.R.S. 最年長メンバー。化学の博士号を持ち、化学防護要員としても活躍。風貌こそいかついものの実際には温厚な男で、豊かな経験に裏打ちされた緻密な捜査には、リーダーのエンリコさえ一目置いている。造園を趣味とし、その腕前は玄人顔負け。"
- ↑ Rebecca Chambers tells Chris Redfield that she had checked the Helicopter before the mission, suggesting that someone deliberately damaged the engine
- ↑ Evident by the appearance of blood
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 biohazard 0**キャラクター紹介**. Capcom. Archived from the original on 2008-10-02.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Capcom Production Studio 4. Resident Evil. (Capcom Co., Ltd.). GameCube. File: Kenneth's Film.
- ↑ Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (2007), file: "Kenneth J. Sullivan Profile"
- ↑ Sumner, Shotten, Owen (eds.), Archives, p.134
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Hamamura (ed.), KAITAISHINSHO, p.012