(Capcom's primary storyline)
Laura was a victim of the Raccoon City Destruction Incident.
When a modified Epsilon strain of t-Virus contaminated Raccoon City's drinking water, tens of thousands mutated into Zombies within hours, causing violent riots. Laura was attacked in the Apple Inn and suffered a serious injury to her chest, which prevented her from being evacuated as the building caught fire. If she was infected, she may have avoided death by mutating into a Zombie.
Laura's stats are as follows:
- Fast movement speed similar to that of Samuel's.
- Weak Vitality (between 1300-1900).
- Attack power similar to that of David King's.
- And a slow Infection rate of 0.79% per minute.
- Laura's body can be found in the Room 305 side of the room Room 30*, and can be examined. Examining her yields the message; "There's a huge hole in her chest. She can't be saved anymore." Examining her twice, another message will show; "There's something in her pocket." The item found is an Anti-Virus (L) on every difficulty level. Upon close inspection, the player can notice that she is breathing, suggesting that she is not yet dead, but is mortally wounded.
- Laura is also a template for zombies in the Outbreak series.
- She is named Woman2 in Outbreak.