Mail from the Chief of Security is a file in the 2002 Resident Evil remake. It is also called Orders in the 1996 game and Resident Evil: Deadly Silence. A similar file, called Mail to the Chief of Security, was included in the third level of the Mansion Incident in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, although it omitted the final paragraph and sender address.
The file can be found in the taxidermy room.
1. Lure the members of S.T.A.R.S. into the lab and have them fight with the B.O.W. in order to obtain data of actual battles.
2. Collect two embryos per B.O.W. type making sure to include all species except for Tyrant.
3. Destroy the Arkley lab including all researchers and lab animals in a manner which will seem accidental.
Attn: Chief of Security
Date: July 22, 1998 2:13
X Day is drawing upon us. Execute the following procedures within one week. Prompt actions are demanded.
1. Lure S.T.A.R.S. to the estate, and obtain B.O.W.'s raw combat data against S.T.A.R.S.
2. Collect two embryos of each mutated specimens as samples, excluding the Tyrant. Dispose of the Tyrant.
3. Ensure complete disposal of the Arklay Laboratory including all personnel and test animals. Disguise their deaths as an accident. When the above procedures are executed, report to headquarters for further instructions.
If for some reason you are unable to execute the procedure by the deadline, report immediately. In case of emergency situations, report directly to the extension number 5691.
- Good luck.
- Umbrella Headquarters.
- Umbrella Inc.
July ２２, １９９８ ２：１３
２. 変異体を含むＢ.Ｏ.Ｗ.の胚を、 一種につき２個ずつ回収せよ。
July 22.1998 2:13
July 22, 1998 2:13
To the Chief of Security
X-Day is approaching.
Within one week, execute the following operations promptly in the following order.
1) Entice S.T.A.R.S. to the laboratory to fight against B.O.W.s (biological weapons) and obtain combat data.
2) Including mutant B.O.W. embryos, recover two per species. Dispose of the Tyrant.
3) Including personnel and laboratory animals, dispose of the entire Arklay Laboratory as if it were an accident.
The English localization of the original claims the fax was sent by a department known as "White Umbrella", though this isn't mentioned in the original Japanese text. White Umbrella would later be used as the name for the villainous organization in the S.D. Perry novelization.
- Takeo, Sakamoto, ed (1997) (in Japanese). Inside of BIO-HAZARD. Famitsu. ISBN 4-89366-659-2.
- Hamamura, Koichi, ed (2002) (in Japanese). biohazard Kaitai Shinsho. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-0980-3.
- ↑ Takeo (ed.), Inside of BIO-HAZARD, p.97.