(Capcom's primary storyline)
Matt was a mercenary under the employ of the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service.
On Tuesday 15 September, the U.B.C.S. was mobilised to handle a viral outbreak in Raccoon City, which had been spreading for some time. By the time the U.B.C.S. arrived however, on Saturday 26 September, the water supply had already been contaminated and thousands of citizens had become Zombies. Matt was in a squad led by Arnold, and survived the bloody first night.
Nothing is known of the squad until Friday 1 October, when they received orders to prevent a rogue U.S.S. Captain from escaping the city with a stolen experimental B.O.W. Matt likely assisted in the laying of a mine field while Arnold oversaw developments from their camp on a highway overpass. When word got out that the US military was ready to destroy the city with an experimental thermobaric weapon, Arnold and his whole squad decided to simply abandon the city on the highway.
Matt's stats are as follows:
- Movement speed similar to that of George
- Average vitality (between 2000 and 2500)
- Attack power similar to that of George
- Infection rate of 1.04% per minute
|The following is a translated adaptation of information found in the BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK FILE 2 GRAND BIBLE.|
|Starting items||Red Herb|
- If players fail to reach Captain Rodriguez's Chinook in time, the B.O.W. crate will drop over the overpass. The B.O.W., Nyx, will then kill the entire squad and consume their bodies.