(Capcom's primary storyline)
This article contains information on new or unreleased content, and may not be complete, confirmed or correct. Please update it as soon as any relevant, up-to-date, and accurate material is available.
Murphy Seeker (マーフィー・シーカ Māfī Shīkā ) was a mercenary for the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service, serving as a sniper for Alpha Platoon and operating in Squad A. He was a close friend of Carlos Oliveira.
Formerly a United States Marine and commendable soldier, the 27-year-old Murphy was an expert marksman with an introverted personality. Shortly after Murphy returned home, completing his tour of duty in the Gulf War, his brothers were killed by a street gang. In an act of blind vengeance, Murphy utilized the skills he had learned as a Marine sharpshooter to gun down twenty gang members with a Hunting Rifle before being arrested, convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment.
His actions and skills did not go unnoticed, as the Umbrella Corporation had been observing and researching individuals of talent trapped in precarious and desperate situations. Murphy was offered a position within the U.B.C.S. as a sniper, and accepted in order to have his life sentence commuted.
"No no no wait! Please!"
— Murphy, before being executed by Nikolai.
Carlos Oliveira found Murphy in the Umbrella Sales Office, severely wounded and infected with the t-Virus. Murphy, knowing his eventual fate, begged Carlos to shoot him, and only after doing so multiple times did Carlos muster the strength to put his friend out of his misery. Alternatively, if the player encounters Nikolai Zinoviev in the sales office, Nikolai ruthlessly executes Murphy, despite Murphy pleading for his life.
- In a deleted section of the Resident Evil 3: Nemesis script, the Murphy/Carlos scene was to include Murphy explaining that he was infected by contaminated drinking water (therefore, also explaining how the sewer rats spread the virus). While the script segment reached the recording stage, it was removed soon afterwards.
- Depending upon which character kills Murphy, Carlos' dialog on the cable car will vary after getting all the needed parts. If Carlos kills him, Carlos will be saddened by having to kill Murphy and won't give Jill ammunition before the fight with Nemesis on the cable car. If Nikolai kills Murphy, Carlos will give Jill Flame Round Grenade Launcher ammo.
- BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE OFFICIAL GUIDEBOOK. Famitsu. 1999.
- Sumner, Christian; Shotten, Brian; Owen, Michael, eds (9 November 2005). Resident Evil Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered. Translated by Zpang America, Inc.. BradyGames. ISBN 0744006554.
- Ōno, Tetsuya; Masui, Kō, eds (31 March 2005). biohazard archives. Famitsu. ISBN 4-906-582-31-1.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Sumner, Shotten, Owen (eds). Archives. p.140.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Hamamura (ed.), KAITAISHINSHO, p.237