- Tuesday, December 16, 2008
- Everyone keeps asking me, “Adam, what's it like working in Kijuju?” I always tell them that it's
- like being a garbage man at the beach. The work itself isn't the most glamorous, but the
- place is great. Well, maybe it's just OK. I work in a mine, and as you can imagine,
- there aren't many pretty faces to distract you down there! What usually passes the
- time while I'm at work is trying to predict how my boss is going to screw up.
- This man's idiocy knows no bounds. He actually told us we could use the waste
- water for bathing or drinking! Sure, if I wanted my skin to fall off and become
- some kind of monster, then that's what I would do.
- The best part of the job is quitting time, because then me and some of
- the guys can go get our drink on. As long as I can get that ice-cold
- beer at the end day, I can put up with anything. (I don't even want to
- tell you about the riot that ensued the one time we lost power and
- they only had warm beer for two days straight. That was a living hell.)
- Anyway, I found a new bright spot to focus on (and it's not more beer!
- LOL). I saw a pretty sweet-looking blonde girl today. It's like I've
- been wandering through a desert for a year and then someone offered
- me a glass of cold water (or beer!). We got a lot of foreign workers
- here like me, so I don't know what she does – yet. Hell, I don't even
- know if she speaks English! (Most do, except for that French guy. I
- think he does speak English but I can't understand him for the life of
- me. He just sounds angry all the time.)
- I will keep you updated on how things go with this woman. First order
- of business is finding out who she is. If you have time, don't be shy
- and leave a comment.
External Link Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.