(Capcom's primary storyline)
Natalia Korda (born c.2001) is a Hungarian superhuman birthed by the t-Phobos Project. Orphaned by the Terragrigia Panic, Korda's trauma left her unable to feel fear,[excerpt 1] making her an ideal candidate for the virus which selected those based on the quantities of stress hormones produced. During this experiment in 2011, advanced technology was used to transfer the consciousness of the virus' creator, Dr. Alex Wesker, into her brain with the goal of realising the Wesker Project's goal of creating the Übermensch and attaining godhood over mankind. Following her rescue from Sejm Island by BSAA Advisor Barry Burton, she was adopted by his family and raised in Canada.
In 2004, the Korda family were living or visiting the Mediterranean city of Terragrigia when it fell victim to a bioterrorist attack by Il Veltro. Her parents were killed in front of her, but Korda herself survived with the help of FBC and TerraSave member Neil Fisher, who sent her out to a TerraSave-affiliated orphanage with a teddy bear as a gift, which she named "Lottie". At her time in the orphanage, Korda became isolated from the other children emotionally and developed an introverted personality with little ups and downs in her emotional development.
In 2011, Fisher entered talks with Dr. Alex Wesker, an ex-Umbrella virologist who was studying a means of reincarnation by way of advanced technology, utilising a virus to give her host superhuman abilities. Due to her emotional limitations, she was selected for the project along with ten TerraSave members, himself included. All were invited to a party where they could be quickly rounded up in a raid by a paramilitary group under Wesker's command.
Korda awoke on Sejm, an island in the Baltic Sea. Its own population had been used-up as test subjects years earlier, with its citizens hunting down the TerraSave members due to their murderous impulses. Korda was saved by Claire Redfield and Moira Burton while she hid in a derelict city block. During her time alone, Korda was being observed by both Wesker on CCTV and Fisher from afar, and it was determined she was the most viable superhuman candidate by far. To complete the research project, Fisher abducted Korda from a street near the Monument while Redfield and Burton were distracted. As they were directed away to the Kierling for execution, Korda was taken inside the tower which served as Wesker's base of operations. There, coma was induced and the process of memory transfer took place, with her body taken down into a bunker for protection as preparations to destroy the Monument went underway.
Korda awoke from her coma six months following the abduction, possessing heightened senses allowing her to determine the location of nearby mutants. Her memories of those events were hazy, and she experienced hallucinations where she was met by "Dark Natalia", the copied Wesker persona. Dark Natalia encouraged her to travel across the island in search of Lottie, knowing that the stress induced by an attack from mutants would allow her to control Korda's body. This plan failed when Korda successfully reached Lottie on a cliff after avoiding them all. Soon, she was spotted by BSAA adviser Barry Burton, who had come to Sejm in search of his daughter, Moira, who was still missing. Korda refused to wait on the boat with him, and the two made their way through an abandoned Soviet-era prison full of torture devises for Wesker's fear experiments with great help from Korda and her abilities. As they left the prison to a radio station, Korda's began unlocking memories - either her own or Dark Natalia's - and was adamant she was dead, despite not having seen it herself. Without bodily proof, Burton continued to take Korda back into the town.
As they reached the Monument, Korda recognised Wesker by name and appearance on a portrait of herself and her likenamed colleague, Dr. Albert Wesker. They were soon confronted by Wesker herself, having failed to die as intended and was instead mutated by t-Phobos. Wesker continued to stalk the two as she had done in the town, and confronted them once more as they made their way through a quarry. There, Wesker became enraged at Korda for failing to succumb to her copied consciousness, unaware Dark Natalia was indeed inside her as planned. Rather than kill her instantly, Wesker vented her anger slowly by choking Korda. The stress induced from being in a life-threatening situation allowed Dark Natalia to take control, if only briefly. Recognising the change in her eyes, Wesker backed off and fled the scene, suffering an existential crisis as the realisation there were now effectively two of her.
As Korda and Burton continued on into the island, she unlocked Wesker's memories, and led him over a canal to a mine where Wesker's t-Phobos research was conducted. Deep inside the facility, Korda found herself being lured down a path decorated by mutilated dolls, graffiti, and Lottie torn apart and nailed to a wall. Eventually, the two ran in to Wesker herself. Unwilling to die in spite of her plans, Wesker infected herself with a sample of Uroboros and mutated extensively to improve her chances of killing Korda. Playing dead after sustaining a gunshot wound, Wesker was able to grab her and attempted once again to choke her to death to destroy the copied persona. Her attempt at killing Korda was a failure, when she was rescued by a gunshot from Moira Burton, who had survived the six months as a survivalist. The two Burtons were soon reinforced by Redfield, who had arrived along with a BSAA force sent to sterilise the island, with Wesker herself being killed by an RPG-7.
Later life (2013)
"A Cage went in search of a bird. But now the bird is gone. The bird has changed"
— Natalia while reading The Zürau Aphorisms
In the two years after her rescue, Korda was adopted by the Burton family and lived at their home in Canada. Over this period Dark Natalia continued her attempts to take over, and it was observed in June 2013 she had taken up Wesker's appreciation for Franz Kafka's works, namely "The Zürau Aphorisms".
- Excerpt from Ultimania: Name: Natalia Korda (ナタリア・コーダー) Age: 10歳 Height: 137cm Weight: 32kg Nationality: Hungarian (ハンガリー) テラセイブの施設で育ったバイオテロ犠牲者の遺児 バリーが孤島に上陸した直後に出会った、いたいけな少女。理性を失った被験者や獰猛な変異クリーチャーが徘徊する危険な島で、何の武器も特殊な装備も持たずに海岸線まで長い距離を移動しながら、たったひとりで無事に生き長らえていた。7年前の大規模バイオテロ事件で両親を失って孤児となり、それ以来テラセイブの施設に保護されて育つ。こうした幼少時の過酷な体験から、感情の起伏に乏しく、あまり自分の気持ちをはっきりと示さない内向的な性格となっているが、何よりも孤独を恐れるために島内捜索の同行については決してゆずらず、バリーを折れさせるだけの意志の強さを見せた。不思議な知覚能力を備えており、肉眼ではとらえられない敵の存在を感じ取ることができる。
- BIOHAZARD REVELATIONS 2 ULTIMANIA, p.14.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), level: "Episode 2: Contemplation (Claire)", quote: "The Terra Saver guy. He saved me when I was little."
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), level: "Episode 2: Contemplation (Barry)", quote: NATALIA: "Me and Moira got separated here. The nice guy came and got me.", BARRY: "Nice guy?", NATALIA: "The one from Terra Save who rescued me".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), file: "Neil's Candidate List".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), scene: "Siege on Terra Save".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), level: "Episode 2: Contemplation (Claire)".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), file: "Neil's Report".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), level: "Episode 4: Metamorphosis (Claire)".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), level: "Episode 1: Penal Colony (Barry)".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), level: "Extra Episode: Little Miss".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), level: "Episode 2: Contemplation (Barry)".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), level: "Episode 3: Judgment (Barry)".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), scene: "No Longer Afraid".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), scene: "Transcend".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), level: "Episode 4: Metamorphosis (Barry)".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), scene: "Hope".
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (2014), scene: "Epilogue (Two Years Later)".