"Dear George, I have vital information about the current crisis, which only you will understand. I'm waiting at Raccoon University. Please contact me as soon as possible. - Peter Jenkins."
Dr. Peter Jenkins was a researcher and lecturer at the prestigious Raccoon University, and a friend of George Hamilton. Peter assisted in the creation of "Daylight "; a vaccine able to halt the t-Virus infection.
Peter met Dr. Greg Mueller earlier in 1998. Greg informed him of the "t-Virus", a highly-mutagenic zoonotic virus being developed by the international pharmaceutical enterprise, Umbrella. It wasn't until the virus was already within Raccoon City, having originated from multiple sources, such as the infested Arklay Mountains, that the antidote was discovered.
At some point, Peter eventually became suspicious of Greg's knowledge of the t-Virus, believing him to be in some way involved with its creation, and was scared for his life upon realizing that he and Greg were the only two people with knowledge of Daylight's research. Hiding important notes throughout Raccoon University, Peter planned on having George retrieve them and create the antidote instead in the event that he died.
Peter's suspicions proved correct, as he was eventually murdered by Greg, being shot in the back of the head in his private study. He was found by George and two other survivors early on October, 1st, and his scattered notes provided enough knowledge for the group to create the antidote themselves.
"It's finished. I can finally rest... No, I have one thing left to do..."
Peter Jenkins is a Jim-type character. He starts each game with the Anti-Virus capsule. In the Underbelly scenario on EASY and NORMAL, he also starts with the Employee Area Key, giving him instant access to the subway's employee areas. This also happens with every Jim-type characters.
- On VERY HARD difficulty, Peter will awaken as a zombie as soon as he is discovered, suggesting the bullet that pierced his skull and killed him did not destroy his brain.
- Peter is unlocked in Outbreak by completing the scenario Decisions, Decisions on HARD difficulty, and then the set can be purchased with 3000 points.
- In Outbreak File #2, he only costs 300 points, and is already unlocked.
- Birlew, Dan (2004). Resident Evil Outbreak Official Strategy Guide. Indianapolis: BradyGames. ISBN 978-0744003451.
- BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK OFFICIAL GUIDE BOOK. Famitsu. 2004. ISBN 4-7577-1824-1.
- BIOHAZARD OUTBREAK PERFECT CAPTURE GUIDE. Futabasha. 2004. ISBN 978-4575164176.
- ↑ Birlew, Official Strategy Guide, p.188