(Capcom's primary storyline)
A Power Limiter is a device manufactured by the Umbrella Corporation to prevent runaway mutation in Tyrants, which risks serious flaws developing in a product, as seen on the limiter-less Proto Tyrant (T-001 Model). In a life-or-death situation, the benefits of a runaway mutation outweigh the demerits, and for this reason the Power Limiter can be de-activated. In the case of "T-00", one of the T-103 mass-production models, its limiter was de-activated after it suffered severe third degree burns after falling into a vat of molten metal. In the case of the Tyrant (T-002 Model), the limiter was de-activated after it was knocked unconscious in a fight in the Arklay Laboratory's culture room.
The latest unknown Tyrant variants in Eastern Slav Republic conflict, seesm to have a Power Limiter that can be manually triggered without giving damage to them.
- ↑ Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (2010), file: "Tyrant (T-103 Mass Produced Type)".
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles (2010), file: "Super Tyrant".
- ↑ Hamamura (ed.), biohazard 0 KAITAISHINSHO, p.080.
- ↑ CLUB96, "FILE 38: Tyrant".
- ↑ Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (2007), file: "Tyrant (T-002) Notes".