(Capcom's primary storyline)
The organization was founded as a response to the 1998 Raccoon City Destruction Incident. It had the backing of several pharmaceutical companies, who publicly wanted to be seen as condemning the bio-weapons research Umbrella was conducting but privately sought to obtain research data during raids.[excerpt 1]
In February 2003, a unit was deployed into the North Caucasus after receiving a report that Umbrella had a laboratory in the region. The report was in fact planted by Dr. Albert Wesker, a former Umbrella researcher, as a means of distracting the facility's commander Colonel Sergei Vladimir while he stole the research data.
As a special task force, they were required to use military grade weaponry and equipment. They wore kevlar vests and helmets along with a full arsenal of tactical vests and gear. They were armed with TMP SMG's, and were transported using MI-24 Hind gunships. They all carried tactical radios.
- The English version of Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles refers to the organization as the "Private Regional Biohazard Containment Unit".
- Hideki Osada, ed (2012). BIOHAZARD 6 Official Complete Guide. Famitsu. ISBN 978-4-04-728612-2.
- Resident Evil 6 Signature Series Guide. BradyGames. 2012. ISBN 978-0-7440-1422-8.
- ↑ Excerpt from the Official Complete Guide:
"ラクーンシティの大規模災害の後、 アンブレラ社以外の製薬会社の出資により設立された、 私設の生物災害対策部隊。 公的な組織ではないが、 有事の際には被害が拡大する前に事態を収拾すべく、 その道のスペシャリストたちが集められている。 ただ出資した企業によっては、 アンブレラ社の研究結果を密かに得ようという思惑があったのかもしれない。"
- ↑ Osada (ed.), Official Complete Guide.