Resident Evil Ambassador, also known as the Resident Evil Ambassador Program, is a free subscription-based program for news regarding the Resident Evil franchise, as well as for fans to share Resident Evil content on social media. It was launched by Capcom on June 13/14, 2016 during the 20th Anniversary of the series. Users can register with either a Capcom Account (RE.NET), Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LINE accounts and must be age 17 or older.
After the registration process, users obtain their own page and a card displaying their number and registration date. Ambassadors will also start receiving promotional e-mails about the Resident Evil series (for example, in 2016, ambassadors received a teaser e-mail about the Dummy Finger within the Resident Evil 7 Teaser Demo: Beginning Hour after the demo had been downloaded over two million times).
On January 1, 2020, the site had a major update where users could now "rank up" based on certain actions, and the user's card could be customized for the first time. The customization include the following:
On April 2020, the cards were changed slightly to include words that would make out "#Stayhome" and "#Playgame", this being a reference to the state of the world at the time due to COVID-19.
Each of these images will change to another once the user reaches the platinum rank, with the Zombie image turning into an Albert Wesker image with his look from Resident Evil: Revelations 2.
The icon image can also be changed, users may choose either their Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or RESIDENT EVIL.NET profile pictures as the icon.
There are currently four ranks in the system, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Bronze is the default rank, with users requiring 200 points to rank up to Silver, 500 for Gold and 1000 for Platinum. Users with the Platinum rank will be eligible to certain privileges related to the series which may include:
- An invitation to a play test.
- An invitation to "Ambassadors Discussions".
- A priority over other visitors present at game shows (in terms of play testing).
- An invitation to general events.
On June 25, 2020, the site had another small update. The background was changed to that of Resident Evil: Village and a new "Earned Points History" section was added at the bottom of the user's page which displays where and when every point was earned.
Between October 22 - November 03, 2020, the Halloween promotion was available where users could obtain a special card based on a lottery system. Every time an user would log in to the site, they had a pre-determined chance of winning the new card, this chance was increased based on the user's rank:
- Platinum: 1/1
- Gold: 1/50
- Silver: 1/100
- Bronze: 1/500
Rank Up Information
In order to rank up, users may do the following:
- 50 points - Link the user's Twitter, Instagram and CAPCOM ACCOUNT to the account used in the site.
- 50 points - Follow REBHFun and dev1_official on Twitter with the account that was linked to the site.
- 5 points - Make a post on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag "#REBHFun". Only a total of 5 points can be earned per day.
- 100 points - Find all 20 Charlie Dolls in the Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo between March 19 - April 3, 2020.
Once users obtain enough points to reach the platinum rank, they will not be ranked up automatically. A notice would appear on the site which stated that a decision would be made around June 10, 2020 in terms of who would qualify to the platinum rank. Ambassadors received an e-mail on this date which gave them information about the platinum rank and that the selection criteria would not be made public. Ever since then, any user who had enough points to reach the platinum rank would see a message on the site stating what date the decision for them to rank up would be made.
After the user reaches the platinum rank, the point system will be gone and instead an Umbrella logo with a small Mr. Raccoon within it will take its place. As the user keeps earning points, the Mr. Raccoon will appear more and more on the logo. It is unknown what happens once the Umbrella logo completely vanishes.
Known E-Mail Links
- E-mail about the major update on January 1, 2020
- E-mail about the Resident Evil 3 demo and the Charlie Doll promotion
- E-mail about the UNDER THE UMBRELLA project
- CAPCOM：RESIDENT EVIL AMBASSADOR
- CAPCOM：バイオハザード アンバサダー 公式サイト (Main page, Japanese ver.)
- Affiliates | Resident Evil Ambassador Program
- FAQ | Resident Evil Ambassador Program
- よくあるお問い合わせ｜バイオハザードアンバサダープログラム (FAQ, Japanese ver.)
- RESIDENT EVIL / BIOHAZARD Ambassador Official (@REBHFun) / Twitter
- Share your love of Resident Evil with the Resident Evil Ambassador program!
- Resident Evil Ambassador Entry Form
- Resident Evil 7’s dummy finger teased by Capcom as demo’s downloaded over 2M times
- Capcom recruiting RE Ambassadors to test game currently in development
- 『バイオハザード™・ザ・エクストリーム』特別ご招待 | CAPCOM:バイオハザードシリーズ 公式サイト
- Resident Evil: Resistance closed beta test | CAPCOM
- NEWSLETTER | RESIDENT EVIL.NET
- Mr. Charlie Challenge 20 dolls for 100 Ambassador points! × Resident Evil 3 Raccoon City Demo WITH RESIDENT EVIL.NET - Resident Evil 3 - RESIDENT EVIL.NET
- RESIDENT EVIL/BIOHAZARD AMBASSADOR Official on Twitter: "It may take several days for earned points to be reflected in your account. But If you are having issues with your ambassador account or points, please contact Ambassador Program Support with this form: #REBHFun" / Twitter
- RESIDENT EVIL / BIOHAZARD Ambassador Official on Twitter: "Some ambassadors have already earned 1000 points. We are considering if they clear the conditions of Platinum rank!! すでに1000P貯めたアンバサダーが何人かおられます！現在、5月度に貯められた方が条件を満たされているか判定中です🤔 #REBHFun" / Twitter
- RESIDENT EVIL / BIOHAZARD Ambassador Official on Twitter: "Platinum rank is finally open to the public. Congratulations to those who have got the platinum rank! ! In fact Platinum rank has some hidden ”Fun". Please look for it. (Some can be found even if you do not get a Platinum rank)😃 #REBHFun" / Twitter