Blog pages are wiki pages like any other, except that they are framed so that they have only one author. Edits are typically of the non-substantive variety -- that is, edits for formatting, grammar, layout, wikification are accepted, but changes to the authors tone or thesis are discouraged.
Blog articles make it to the top of the blog homepage -- Special:ArticlesHome -- when they receive a certain number of votes and/or unique commentators commenting.
Blogs vs. Forums
Blogs are not meant to be a replacement of the forums. While forums are meant for discussion, blogs are meant to present the viewpoint of a single author. If your intent is to gather opinions or input of other members of the community, it belongs on the forum.
If the blog is more suited for the forums, an admins will indicate that it belongs on the forums and a minimum of 24 hrs will be given to move the blog to the forums.
Forums can be found here: Special:Forum
- Be about Resident Evil or related to this wiki and/or other editions within the Resident Evil Wiki series.
- Must be at least 500 bytes (characters) or longer and should have good grammar and spelling.
- Have a thesis or purpose.
- Be understandable to the average user.
- Not be used as an attack page against anyone, including blocked users.
- Not include numerous unneeded categories featured at the bottom of the page.
- Not include any advertisements whatsoever.
- Not be a fanfiction or role-play (other wikis exist for such purposes).
Warnings for violations will be given and three consecutive warnings will result in a minor block of three days.