Shusaku Uchiyama (内山修作 Uchiyama Shusaku ) is a composer of video game music.
Uchiyama was taught to play piano from a young age and for a time played for an R&B band. In 1995 Uchiyama was hired by Capcom to do the score to Mega Man 8. Following this he was assigned to Resident Evil 2, with Masami Ueda as senior composer. Uchiyama copied his style with influences from recent films, and is credited with compositions such as "Drove the passengers to be the living dead". "Annette's Recollection" was a collaborative piece with fellow composer Syun Nishigaki. Uchiyama is credited with a further twelve tracks for the game which appeared in the BIOHAZARD 2 COMPLETE TRACK.
List of Works
|Game||Year of Release||Role|
|Mega Man 8||(1996)||Composer (BGM)|
|Resident Evil: Director's Cut||(1997)||Music Data Edit|
|Resident Evil 2||(1998)||Composer|
|Devil May Cry||(2001)||Technical Cooperation - Sound|
|Resident Evil||(2002)||Lead Composer/Arranger|
|Under the Skin||(2004)||BGM (Special Thanks)|
|Resident Evil 4||(2005)||Composer/Arranger|
|Devil May Cry 4||(2008)||Composer|
|Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles||(2009)||Composer|
|Mega Man 10||(2010)||Composer|
|Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City||(2012)||Composer|
|Resident Evil: Damnation||(2012)||Composer|
|Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy - Curtain Call||(2014)||Music Data Support|
|Resident Evil 2||(2019)||Composer|
|Resident Evil Village||(2021)|
- Davis, H. Leigh, ed (2011). Resident Evil Archives II. Translated by Elizabeth Ellis. Indianapolis: BradyGames. ISBN 0744013216.
- Interview with Shusaku Uchiyama & Takeshi Miura: A History of Resident Evil Music. squareenixmusic. Retrieved on 2018-08-06.
- Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition Credits (Windows). MobyGames. Retrieved on 2018-04-09.
- Davis (ed.), Archives II, p.238.
- Resident Evil (GCN) credits - MobyGames