(Capcom's primary storyline)
T-078 was a Tyrant born from cloning by Umbrella in 1998. It was from the cloned T-103 model, and part of its "Mass Produced Type". "078" was noted for being without a limiter coat so as to test the effects of using a T-103 without such a device. Therefore, its blunted claws, which it used as battering rams, may not be present on all other individuals within the Mass Produced Type.
T-078 was delivered to Rockfort Island from the Antarctic Transport Terminal in a mission supervised by the Umbrella Security Service agent "HUNK" on the orders of the island base's commander, Alfred Ashford, 7th Earl Ashford. Whether on Lord Ashford's orders or the intention of its creators, T-078's power limiter was disabled, allowing it to experience minor mutations.[excerpt 1] During the Hive/Host Capture Force's attack on Rockfort Island, Lord Ashford unleashed the Tyrant to kill Claire Redfield and Steve Burnside, two prisoners that were making their escape. While the Tyrant was seemingly defeated before reaching the prisoners' C-130 Hercules, it managed to grab hold of the plane as it escaped the island moments before a series of explosions destroyed much of the base. Boarding the plane via the cargo bay door, the Tyrant's right hand mutated further which extended his claws. Claire was able to release a cargo crate from its safety harness, allowing it to be thrown into the B.O.W., sending both out into the sea below.
In the first boss fight, T-078 has a health value of 500 on Easy and Normal, and 300 on Very Easy. In the cargo room fight, this is increased to 700 on Easy and Normal and 420 on Very Easy. In the Battle Game, his HP is 900. In comparison, Claire Redfield has a health value of 200HP on Easy and Normal, and 400 on Very Easy.
|Dash attack||ダッシュ攻撃 (Dasshu kōgeki)||40-50|
Weapon damage chart
|M-100P||10x(1 or 2)||6x(1 or 2)||4x(1 or 2)|
|Grenade Launcher (Grenade)||Direct hit and blast: 15x(bet.1-5)|
|Grenade Launcher (Acid)||Direct hit and blast: 40|
|Grenade Launcher (Napalm)||Direct hit and blast: 20, Fire damage: 1|
|Grenade Launcher (B.O.W.)||Direct hit and blast: 20, Gas: Half of HP|
The first fight with T-078 gives little room for movement. The Military Training Center and bridge stairwell are cut-off by a fire, and it is not possible to go around T-078, who will hit the player back even when he falls to his knees. The player will also be made to retreat repeatedly, as a strike from T-078 may send them into the fire where they will die. After several times where T-078 falls to his knees, he will finally fall completely, allowing the player to escape. It is recommended the player start this fight with the Grenade Launcher, firing one anti-BOW round before switching to Acid or Grenade rounds.
The second fight takes place in the Transport Plane's cargo room. In this case the environmental hazard is being thrown off the planet itself. To defeat T-078, a button next to the door must be pushed, which sends a crate flying into T-078. As he has mutated further, firing two Grenade Launcher rounds is no longer enough to stall him, and remaining at the button will only corner the player. Famitsu's Kaitai Shinsho guide recommends the following for dealing with T-078:[excerpt 2]
- Fire at the Tyrant for 5–6 seconds, then release the crate to knock T-078 to the far side of the plane.
- Run to the left side of the crate and keep firing until T-078 reaches the player.
- Run to the right side of the room (the side the door is on) and head to the hatch. Keep firing until T-078 gets close, then run to the left side of the room, and back to the crate.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until T-078 is low on health, then release the crate a final time, making sure to avoid being hit by it.
- In the Darkside Chronicles, "078" was able to throw the crate out of the plane and then was killed by a missile let loose by Steve and Claire. This may have been a reference to the Hypnos-T Type of Resident Evil Survivor, which was killed after a missile blew it away from the aircraft it was assaulting.
- Koichi Hamamura, ed (2001) (in Japanese). BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho. Famitsu. ISBN 4-7577-0422-4.
- ↑ Excerpt from BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho: "「T-ウィルスを用いた生物兵器の究極形」を目指して開発されたB.O.W.。 成人男性の肉体にT-ウィルスを投与し、 遺伝子の強化・改造をほどこした結果、 「暴君」 の名にふさわしい強靭さ、 破壊力が実現された。 ロックフォート島にいるのはアンブレラ特殊部隊により島へ運びこまれた量産型の１体で、 従来は生命の危機に瀕するまでかかっていたリミッターが最初から解除されている。".
- ↑ Excerpt from Kaitai Shinsho, p.81: "１ 戦闘開始直後から５〜６秒間ほど水平攻撃を連発したのち、 資材を射出。 タイラントを遠くに追いやる。 ２ 貨物の正面左寄りへ走って移動したあと、 タイラントの攻撃を受けるまで水平攻撃を連発。 ３ 『たたきつぶし』を避けつつこの位置まで走り、 タイラントの連発を受けるまで水平攻撃を連発。 ４ 以降は2と3をくり反し、 タイラントのHPがゼロ末満資になったら材を射出してトドメ。 ".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 (in Japanese) BIOHAZARD CODE:Veronica Kanzenban Kaitai Shinsho. Enterbrain. pp. 80–81.
- ↑ Hamamura (ed.), Kaitai Shinsho, p.27.
- ↑ Hamamura (ed.), Kaitai Shinsho, p.81.