Ghost operative Alice Edit
What? In film she possesed impressive psionic abilities and combat skills :) In other words she rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :]
But that have nothing to do with RE...all these fallout-type setting and all. And - do you really know what the words 'ghost operative' stand for?
Unless it's supposed to be a reference to Starcraft (which has nothing to do with Resident Evil) I have no idea what this phrase is supposed to mean. Jack.of.swords 11:46, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
Hey guess what? Alice sucks.--Numad 05:17, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
Like bad fanfiction. Edit
That's what the Alice character plays out like - the main character of a bad Resident Evil fanfiction. I can't even remember how many times before these movies came out that I encountered fan-written stories with a female "Tyrant" who is somehow given incredible (often psychic) powers by the T-virus rather than being turned into a 10' tall clawed killing machine. Other than Alexis Ashford (I'm not counting Morpheus's Victor/Victoria tG transformation) no one stays very pretty for long with this stuff in them. (And Alexis turned into an armored freak, and then a bug.) Ugh, it hurts to look at. Jack.of.swords 11:50, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- Perhaps if she willed herself to mutate, she will become Nemesis XD. Even Alexia mutates only if she willed herself to, and while Alice didn't...Matkerzah
- I think Anderson finally figured out what a Mary-Sue is and that Alice is the epitome of one because apparently the character will be losing all her T-virus induced abilities in "Afterlife", including the psychic ridiculousness we’ve had to deal with since "Apocalypse". 'Bout damn time. GloryBlack 01:41, July 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Like this makes Alice any better
why did they use alice instead of an actual RE character? Edit
Any of the game would have made a good movie without changing the story.
to this day i've been trying to figure out why they used her. who the hell is she?
She's Paul W.S. Anderson's baby mamma that's who she is.
- According to the director(can't remember name), Resident Evil was supposed to be Alice in Wonderland. They eventually scrapped the idea and remembered RE for some reason. Then you get the film. Boo. Ya. --TrIxTeR11 01:35, May 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Alice... in ZOMBIELAND =D! 00M00
- That last comment was as stupid as Alice.
- It's kind of hard to explain but it's a tactic often used in such situations. In an already developed fictional universe the mythos can be intimidating to new fans so a new character is used, one that is usually learning about the world themselves (Alice's amnesia) which allows them to basicaly become the embodiment of the watcher/reader/etc. It's also kind of obvious that they attempted to make Alice into some sort of horrifying patch work creature of well known Resident Evil characters (A dash of Ada [right down to the dress], a sprinkle of Jill, a bucket of Wesker and so on). I have to be honest, I hated the movies until they started to have more elements from the games. I actually started to really enjoy them then, only for them to destroy that with the latest movie which was the worst one yet. I hope one day someone decides to make a real Resident Evil [live action] movie franchise, one actually based on more than just the barest outline of the games. -- Lyco499 (talk) 23:11, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
A pissed off guy says: Edit
This character seriously annoys me to no end. I wouldn't have minded her if she let Jill at least share half of the spotlight with her, but Alice just keeps stealing it away from other characters, including Jill and other characters from the game to the point that Alice seems like the only competant fighter. Also, PSYCHIC ABILITIES?!!? Seriously?!!? Why don't they just make her a f**king goddess while they are at it?!!?
...Sorry, I just hate Mary-Sue characters like this.
Alice's Height Edit
Milla Jovovich is 5'11' (not 5'8') and to my immediate recollection, there is no information that states Alice's height is not the same as her actress. Lily Ford 00:35, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Where's your source? Because I've seen her as 5'8" in a lot of places. Even in her apparent official website. Tyson120 00:49, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Well, it was Millaj.com, but then that was ages ago (meaning I took it from memory) and apparently I'm wrong in this matter, so no big thing. Lily Ford 23:44, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Can I ask you something? Edit
Why can't Capcom make Alice Abernathy into a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER like the Resident Evil game characters Chris, Jill and Claire?
Alice Abernathy may be a cool character but she's just a made up character for the live action movie. Also all of the some movie characters are made up as well.
RFyle11 11:31, April 17, 2011 (UTC)
- The game characters are also made up, you know.-- Forerunner 14:16, April 17, 2011 (UTC)
- It would insult the games if she was to appear in them. Seriously, she is the worst thought up character in any piece of fiction ever.
Forerunner I already know that because Resident Evil first started as a game franchise before films. The films are based of the game only different. I meant Alice needs to be in the game. But an insult the games if she's in them? Ah well. No point. -_-
ERFYLe 22:40, October 31, 2015 (UTC)
- The fan reaction would be terrible, after all she's a perfect Mary-sue :
- Has traning from Umbrella's elite forces.
- A combonation of Wesker and Alexia's powers.
- She almost easily defeat's Nemesis, Lickers and Tyrant who are some of the most powerful BOW's in the series.
- Beats Wesker- the main antagonist of Resident evil- in less than a few minutes. I dont think she every will be in a game
- Frieza14 20:40, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
- The only way Alice would be accepted into ANY game at all would be if you get to kill her...in the most horrible ways possible. Kornflakes89 07:43, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
Real name? Edit
I thought it said somewhere that her real name was Janus Prospero? Darth Something 14:20, October 2, 2011 (UTC)
- Her real name IS Janus Prospero. Abernathy is a non-canon name tied only to the novelizations (which are considered non-canon). I have no idea why people fail to realize this. Lily Ford 18:20, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- As little of a fuck I give about the movies, Lily Ford is 100% correct. Though please provide a source for "Janus Prospero". News Bot 18:51, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- I did, its been cited on her profile and everything. Lily Ford 18:54, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Her real name is Milla jovovich, thats alices actors real name; -- Crimson head 98 (talk) 11:17, November 21, 2012 (UTC)
Right I know she has the cure for the t virus but im just wonderibg about other viruses out there, i know the other viruses like G and T veronica dont exist in it but the las plagas parisite does, Alice cant cure that can she? Crimson head 98 (talk) 23:22, March 26, 2013 (UTC)