What do you think the film will be about? Possibly that other mission Leon was called to in Degen?
Hopefully explain why Tricell took G curtis' claw, and explain a few things that are still unanswered like where is Ada? What is the Agency she works for? NT92 09:09, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
What do you think this movie may be about?
I have three ideas.
1. It's that mission that Leon was called into at the end of Degeneration. But that would set it right after Degeneration, which WOULD be understandable, seeing as how it's a sequel to that movie.
2. It could possibly coincide with Revelations. After all, Leon and Chris never meet each other onscreen, so they could be making this movie as an excuse to not put Leon in the main Revelations story. However, if that were the case, they could also put Leon in the main story to the game and just not have him meet Chris.
3. It could be what Leon's doing during Resident Evil 5. While Chris is duking it out with Wesker and trying to save the world from a deadly virus, what the hell is the American Government doing about it? And if they are doing anything, they're definitely sending Leon to do it.
What do you guys think? ~Z
I doubt it has anything to do with Leon leaving at the end of Degeneration. It was the end of the film and the characters were saying goodbye thats all. And at the end of 5 when Chris is fighting Wesker there isn't much the US government can do, either Chris saves the world or Wesker destroys it, it was a personal matter between them as well. If Leon was doing anything here it is standing outside the presidents office while he contemplates pushing the red button.
Im hoping they bring Ada back and explain the situation with her and the mysterious Organisation/Agency she works for. NT92 12:45, October 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I think the unknown man is Krauser and he lived in Resident Evil 4. I say that because hes just badass for one. And because he is Leons arch rival. I wanna see some Angela vs Ada action noth want Leon. I just hope Clairs in it but its very unlikely. I want a CGI Chris Jill movie.Sniperteam82308 I Wanna Pony 22:21, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Good theory - if only he lived after Resident Evil 4.-- Forerunner 22:49, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Krauser is dead. It will probs just be another character, who will then dissapear after the movie like Angela will, never to be seen or heard of again (yes im refering to how Capcom abandon possible storylines ie. Steve, Sherry) and add to the neverending list of plotholes. NT92 00:26, December 16, 2010 (UTC)
- PLOT suggestions and opinions:
- This film most likely takes place either a few days or weeks after degeneration. Also sticking to the
- time line of the video games my guess is that this event takes place after Wesker's demise at the end
- of RE5. With no one to control unbrella/tricell, terrorists now control whats left of the T-Virus stock.
- Even at the begining of RE5, Chris says that the Virus is on the black market. My guess is it got out
- in Eruope. With Chris and Jill still Recovering from their african bout with Wesker, they send in Leon.
- Most likely Leon is to meet up with BSAA members in Eroupe, but by the time he gets their they are
- all but wiped out. Can Leon survive in a city once again over run by BOW's?
- MYSTERY man suggestions and opinions:
- My guess as to who this person is, most likely due to his outfit wich looks like a Marine/BSAA.
- Could be Steve Burnside: Now that wesker is dead, somone let the lickers out of their cages.
- And Steve found his chance to escape. My thoughs are he is a new BOW.
- Like Wesker/Nemisis/Project Alice. Burnside did turn into a BOW end of
- Code Veronica. Plus the trailer says evil will be unleashed then shows the
- mystery man, so this new man must be some BOW or threat for Leon to
- point his gun at, and the man points back.
- Could be Billy Coen: If rumors are true and Rebbeca Chambers is slated to be in the film then Billy is a
- good guess as to the mystery man. I am leaning toward this because they have done
- Chris Clair Leon over and over, Rebecca and Billy went into the Mansion first.
- Having Billy return would tie the game story with the movie, wich is what they are
- trying to do. Giving the fans back some familier faces. good work RE.
- Could be Carlos Olivera: Just a long shot. But could be Carlos. Might see a return of Jill at a later date?
- Mabey theirs a nemisis in this film? Like I say just a long shot but mabey..
- Could be somone from RE Outbreak: Another long shot but the might bring back somone from RE outbreak.
- Over all my guess is its Billy, he is a Marine. And now Leon being a goverment agent. Either hes still a
- Marine wich is my guess, or hes now a member of the BSAA. And Leon meets up with him.
- Or he might have deserted, Billy that is. Mabey thats why hes pointing the gun at Leon?
- Id love to see Degeneration and Damnation combined and made into another RE game.
- RE-D: the game. Plays as Leon thru Degeneration and Damnation. EPIC.
- There are mistakes in your theories:
- 1- Degeneration takes place one year after RE4. RE5 happens 5 years after RE4. If your theory that Damnation happens a few days / weeks after Degeneration is right, which it most likely is, then the events of RE5 can't have begun, let alone ended. The BSAA was most likely not even founded yet, too.
- 2- Billy wasn't a marine anymore even in RE0, he was to be executed. He's a fugitive at the end of the game.
- 3- You know Steve is dead, right? That was confirmed in RE:DC, where Javier Hidalgo claims to have used Steve's remains to "cure" his daughter, or something like that.
- 4- As per reason 1, Wesker is most likely not dead yet in Damnation, and even if he is, those lickers shown in the trailer are the old Umbrella-style Licker Alpha, not Wesker's upgraded Beta variant.
- 5- You're confusing Las Plagas with the T-Virus. What is used by Wesker in RE5 is Las Plagas (which he later modified to create Uroboros), and the T-Virus was deemed eradicated and not mentioned once by the time RE5 took place. Thus, if terrorists have the T-Virus in Damnation (which I concede seems likely), it isn't due to Wesker's doings in RE5. That, and because it hasn't happened yet...
- 6- I don't think the Outbreak series is considered canon.
- 7- Don't ever bring Project Alice up again. Ever. 184.108.40.206 13:46, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, seems I was mistaken about the Lickers. My bad. 220.127.116.11 13:56, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I always had a theory... (Correct me if I am wrong I haven't seen it for a while) in Degeneration Leon said that Angela's brother when infected with the G-Virus wanted to breed with her (being the closest bloodline he could sense) and that skin contact was all it would take. It didn't show him touching her skin. BUT at the end when they were standing on the cliff Angela to me looked Pregnant. Her dress looking like a maternity dress added to my theory. Maybe a new creature is born and everything just to hell?
- Moogleknight24 12:45, July 12, 2011 (UTC)Moogleknight24
Probably not. NT92 10:35, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
It could be Bruce McGiven, as Leon and him are in the sam group.
at the end of the trailor there was a person, who? could it be angela? Angelamiller 20:49, November 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Doubtful, though the character's appearance is deliberately hidden. Although this would suggest a recurring character, I feel we should remember that Manuela Hidalgo and the blond woman in Resident Evil 5 got the same treatment.-- Forerunner 20:51, November 3, 2010 (UTC)
- what do you mean by treatment? Angelamiller 21:44, November 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Most likely a returning character, maybe Billy Coen. I don't think its a woman. NT92 15:11, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- It's still too early to say. Billy has been an answer to "who is the mystery character" for a long time - each had their 'evidence' as "It's been too long since a game with him in." The series stars Chris; Jill; Leon; Claire and Wesker - everyone else is a secondary or character; ones that are playable rarely have a second game (Chronicles doesn't count). -- Forerunner 17:43, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- your right about the main series lead characters. Its anyones guess as to who the mystery person is, it could be someone new. It could even be Chris assuming it's before RE5, probably after Lost In Nightmares. I hope it is Chris...NT92 19:07, November 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Anonymous here: I'm fairly certain the character is male, which makes it most likely Billy or Chris. Chris would be interesting, but I'm sure anyone following the series since before RE5 would rather it be Billy than Chris.18.104.22.168 01:53, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I've followed the series since the first and I'd rather it be Chris. Im not too bothered about Billy. He really doesn't have much story aside from RE0. After that, Rebecca reports he died so nobody would look for him and he would just live normally. I think that at the moment the character is nobody, just a figure. Capcom are probably waiting for fan reactions to determine who he will become. NT92 17:16, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
- From the silhouette, you can clearly tell that the figure a male, not female, which rules out any female characters. In my opinion, I'm thinking the figure is either Chris or a new character Capcom will introduce. The reason I think it's Chris is because, 1) the figures hair is similar to Chris's before RE5, spiked up, 2) (depending what the time line is for this movie, if it takes place before 2009) it could be the Chris we all love and know (the slimmed down, non steroid buff Chris) since the figure does slightly look like that Chris. If that, this movie could explain how Chris went into the BSAA and stuff like that (before he got buff like the Hulk). Leon and Chris (i believe) never met in person so this might be the it where they finally do meet in person. Just a thought. Nemesis1431 19:21, November 13, 2010 (UTC)
- I guess it could be Ark, doubt it though. I my opinion I think its Billy because it was said Rebecca would be in the
Im hoping it is Chris, set after Lost In Nightmares (Chris isn't as muscular in that as he is in 5), it would show what he was doing after Jill "died" like throwing himself into every mission or operation available. If it's Chris, I don't get why they would aim at each other considering they have met in the past off screen just before Code:Veronica NT92 12:28, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah I guess your all right, I just thought seen as though it was a follow up from Degeneration it could of been Angela. although I would still love Billy or Chris to partner up with Leon! Can't wait to see it.:DAngelamiller 13:46, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
Its obviously a male. Then again, they could be aiming at each other because perhaps they don't recognise each other right away. I remember them saying that Rebecca would be in a sequel to Degeneration. I reckon Ada might appear in the film. NT92 13:56, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
Possibly, I reckon Claire aswell.Angelamiller 14:01, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
I don't know about Claire. If that man is Chris then maybe, but otherwise not likely. NT92 14:15, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
Alot of people may disagree with me, but it could be Ark Thompson. I know, he is a starring character in a crappy resident evil game, but eh. It is possible. He did know Leon, and he is a canon characters. The only other characters I can think of is Chris, as he does look alittle like him, although a little to skinny, Carlos, which I doubt because he never met Leon, or Billy, which could be possible he went to Europe to make sure he never got caught, cause even though rebecca said he died, doesn't mean you can't be caught. Feel free to tell me what you think.22.214.171.124 19:52, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
Leon knew him but I doubt Ark because hes from a spinoff. I think Leon knowing him was Capcoms way of connecting this random guy to the main series. How would a rookie cop like Leon have authority to send somebody to an island? As for Billy, Rebecca reported him dead he would just stay in hiding and try to live normally. Carlos... he would probs just go back to Purto Rico or wherever after Raccoon City was blown up. Then Chris, it would make sense as fans want to see Leon and Chris team up, but it depends on the setting.NT92 12:17, November 17, 2010 (UTC)
Well, didn't Survivor (I think that's the game Ark's in?) take place AFTER the Raccoon City Outbreak? Regardless of the timeline, it has to do more with money than authority. Ark is a private detective, meaning Leon HIRED him to go to the island and look around. Key of Destiny 04:10, December 24, 2010 (UTC)
I think he is a little to skinny to be chris. Chris is huge, and this must take place after re5 because those are Beta Lickers, not normal ones. I still say Ark, as his clothing kinda reminds me of his during survivore. But he is most likely chris and he just stopped taking steroids. 126.96.36.199 02:32, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
- A classic assumption: "This wasn't in the original, therefore did not exist then". I'm sure the Licker β was in production some time before 5.-- Forerunner 17:35, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
- It could be Ark, doubt it though. I my opinion, I think it will be Billy, as Rebecca was said to be in the sequel to Degeneration and if anyone would be with Rebecca it would be Billy. Well I atleast hope this, i'd love to see them together again:-)Angelamiller 18:45, November 18, 2010 (UTC)
- The Licker B was the first ever Licker wasn't it, or at least the first one tested thats why its called Beta. Don't think this will be set after RE5. Degen was set in 2005, and RE5 was 2009. Leon doesn't look like he's changed at all from Degen. I think it will be some time in 2006, after/before Lost In Nightmares. That means it could still be Chris because he isn't as huge during LIN. NT92 00:08, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
At this point it's literally impossible to determine who it could be. Between now and next year things will change, i bet this scene won't even be in the film, just like the first trailer for Degen. Capcom ar eprobably waiting to see fan reactions, and will make it into whoever most fans would want it to be. NT92 19:44, November 26, 2010 (UTC)
hmmmmm sincerely I´d say it is a woman, good movie means good girl for the good guy...I´d bet it is Angela, I don´t think it is Chris. Two big fishes in the same movie? they would be measuring thir c.... all the movie, I´d go for a female character, if there is a romance or some tragedy the film will be better received. Who knows? maybe they haven´t decided the character yet and are just investigating what people want. Supporting facts for being a woman
RE4: Ashley and Ada
Operation Javier: Manuela
There is always a woman in Leon´s life (at least one)
Okay here's my theory. It's either Chris or Billy.
Yet Chris is too obvious... Capcom made it a shilouette on purpose meaning they ARE intending a twist here.
With people saying Rebecca's in this and with what I just said. I believe there is no doubt it is Billy.
(After Raccoon City was destroyed we never heard form Rebecca [I'm not counting Mercenaries] as well as she lost her job. Maybe she followed Billy to start a new life with him. Since there was a hinted romance wasn't there?)
Moogleknight24 12:59, July 12, 2011 (UTC)Moogleknight24
Even if Rebecca is in it, that doesn't mean Billy must be in it. Rebecca was a character in the original long before Billy existed. And no, there was no hinted romance between the two of them. It was more about the trust that developed. I'd say Rebecca joined the BSAA, but its all speculation atm. NT92 14:11, July 12, 2011 (UTC)
onIs it Wesker?
I know Wesker was killed in RE5 but he was "killed" in other games too. Hw may be the person at the end.
- Wesker? Somehow i think not. Apart from looking nothing like him, Wesker is more stylish and cool and wouldn't have a machine gun like that. But it will probably be set before RE5 NT92 02:55, December 17, 2010 (UTC)
- this might sounds crazy but i think its billy or berry. i know for a fact that its not chris cuz that body is nothing close to chris and it kinda looks like billy or berry.
- It could be Billly, don't see why it would be though. It could be Chris, if its set before RE5, and either before or after Revelations (assuming its a canon title). NT92 10:39, December 18, 2010 (UTC)
- It could even be chris if its after re5, there's no reason it couldn't be him if it is him. I think the hair looks lie chris, but i would much rather see billy return. He was in the army before, so we now he does have military experience. BSAAmember 22:48, December 18, 2010 (UTC)BSAAmember
- They have all been in the army or military. The guy is too small to be Chris after RE5. Plus im not interested in Billy because his story is done, he has no reason to enter the Resident Evil story again. NT92 00:59, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
- That is true. However, they stated this movie is for fans on their twitter. They wanna show what the fans want, and a lot of people like Billy. But i do not believe it is him though. But, if you look close at the picture the man looks like he is wearing sunglasses. But i thought wesker was dead, but you did state it perfectly before saying he was killed in other games too, which leads me to believe it is him. BSAAmember 01:12, December 19, 2010 (UTC)BSAAmember
- He only "died" once, and that was only because he wanted to fake his death. There's a difference between using gene therapy to cure abdominal damage and being drugged with deadly poison; thrown off a plane; thrown into lava (while infected with a virus that can destroy the body when met with fire) and blown up with rockets. He may appear in this, but as this is set before RE5, it wouldn't even have anything to do with the ending!-- Forerunner 18:20, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
- How do you know it's before re5? And also, i thought degeneration was non-cannon until it showed Leon and claire in Raccoon City. Does that mean damnation is cannon? BSAAmember 18:58, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think even Wesker is survivng lava. If its before RE5 again its just not him. My guess, its someone completely new.
- Maybe it is carlos... but how do you know it's before re5? and if it was a new character why would they give him such a dramatic seen and leave people wondering 01:28, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Again, can't see it being Carlos. It's either Chris or a new character NT92 01:36, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
- It would mess up the RE5 continuity if they met Wesker in the game. When Chris tells Sheva about Jill, he mentions his confrontation with Wesker, plus, since the formation of the BSAA, Chris and Jill have been going all over the world dealing with all sorts of BOW trouble, but with the ultimate goal of finding some info on Wesker. They had never found him until they went to question Spencer after recieving a tip off. NT92 18:46, December 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I beleive it is Wesker.Even though he is dead Wesker2 19:21, December 22, 2010 (UTC)
- i just cant see it being wesker. this movies looks like its going to be about leon wesker and leon have never meet before. wesker i think is only for chris or jill to deal with and also if it was wesker why whoul he just stand there and look at leon dont u think he would attack him. and it could be chris if they did sey that this movie was for there fans then its a good chance that it could be chris cuz alot of fans want to see leon and chris fighting together. but i hope its not cuz he was just in a gam and is going to be in the new on for the 3ds why put him in a movie also.
- Here is the possible characters:
- Billy Coen, Carlos Oliveria, Barry Burton, Chris Redfield, Kevin Ryman, or David King. Only because the are the only guys who don't know what Leon looks like, never met him personaly, and some (excluding Chris & Kevin) don't even know him. It is not Wesker because around this time he would have his trench coat on. §J§ 22:30, January 14, 2011 (UTC)Leonisawsome
- Why would it be Kevin Ryman or David? They are not important. It doesn't really look like any established character. NT92 22:36, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
- Agreed. You can rule out the Outbreak characters right away, they're not major enough to make such an advertisement fuss out of. The remaining four are all in my opinion good candidates, with Billy being my favourite choice. He's severely underused as a main character of the series, and I always liked his cocky, almost macho attitude, which is unlike any other character's. Logically speaking though, I think they'll go for Chris, as he's a sure bet for fans of the series, having been in more games than any other. I would personally find it odd for an important character in the sequel to have the same voice as the "bad guy" in the first movie, though. ;) I have a feeling they'll manage to impress us somehow. 188.8.131.52 06:13, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
- The only person i see it being (if it's someone we know) is Chris. God knows how long fans have wanted a Chris/Leon team. About Billy though, i don't really see him as an underused character because unlike Chris and Leon, who are originals, Billy was created for a prequel that was never part of the original backstory. When they made RE1, all Rebecca had done was follow Bravo team into the mansion. The events of RE0 only exist because there is nothing to contradict it. Billy was never intended to be a major character. He's more or less just an excuse to include two characters. I like Billy, but he has no story, no reason. Rebecca reported him dead so he can just live freely without worry of the authorities looking for him. Also, Curtis hardly talks in Degeneration (when he does its low pitched and dull) but i never noticed it was the same voice actor at first. NT92 07:57, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
Why did Leon change his weapon?
In the Damnation Trailer Leon is shown using an AK-47 assault rifle. I'm just wondering where is his Silver Ghost handgun? Did he stop prefering his Kendo Custom Weapon as a primary gun? Or maybe he just uses an assault rifle in one part of the movie because his handgun runs out of ammo?Leon Okazaki 10:40, March 20, 2011 (UTC)
Well the reason he might be using a different gun is given the fact that he's in some eastren europe hellhole with military or private mercs and a pistol just would not cut it. Its actually a AKS-74u 5.45mm Carbine, a first for the series. I just think that he may have run out of ammo like you said or maybe possibly weilds a new handgun(unlikely in my opinion.N-10 Aden 05:27, May 20, 2011 (UTC)
I think that thought it might just sound crazy, the person looks like Angela! I hope it is her because though it didn't last long her and Leon did have a romance and it was really awesome.
You're kind of in the wrong section there pal. That question was already discussed above. 184.108.40.206 14:02, July 5, 2011 (UTC)
I thought it was Chris when I first saw the trailer. Like it looks like he's shooting at Leon, but he's really giving him cover fire. That's just what I think. Casvic 01:12, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
Has there been any actual updates of the plot, characters starring in, or if it's still gonna happen for this movie? DarthRevan1173 23:50, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, there's some staff comments on the Japanese website. Maybe they're planning a 2012 release alongside RE6.-- Forerunner 00:13, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
I believe the mysterious guy is none other than leon's old time friend Ark Thompson from Resident Evil: Survivor. The coat is similar, his hair. It has to be Ark Thompson the features from survivor are right there. -- Nicola Polito 11:11, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Plus the green shirt underneath, heh. All we know of Ark is that he's a friend of Leon. But there are a lot of people saying that the two look similar.-- Forerunner 15:45, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- interesting, I wouldnt have thought they'd throw in a character from a relatively forgotten and unimportant game instead of an "A-list" character like Chris or Jill. if its him it'd be interesting to see how it would turn outLTD12593 21:35, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- I think Nicola is correct, the guy does look alot like Ark Thompson. I don't know why they'd bring him back either but hey... Oh, and I know the haters of Ashly will be disappointed, because Nicola told me and I listened to the female voice that said "Leon" towards the end of the recent trailer, and it sounds alot like Ashley Graham. LeonScottKennedy256 22:52, July 14, 2012 (UTC)LeonScottKennedy256 -- LeonScottKennedy256 22:52, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
Hints by the Director
We have a lengthy and deep interview with the director concerning the film process. He talks about what fans want and what he wants. Plus much more! What do you think about what he says??
Click the link for the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMDY9C0cgHM