Hirabayasi worked as a motion capture engineer for the remake of Resident Evil and as a Scenario writer in the Script department for Resident Evil 5. As a producer for Resident Evil 6, Hirabayashi wrote a message to Resident Evil fans regarding Jill and Claire's appearance in the game; his referral to "other great characters" suggested that they would not appear. Hirabayashi later in 2014, presented several update videos of the Resident Evil HD Remaster on the official Resident Evil YouTube channel.
Hirabayashi asked fans following the official Resident Evil Facebook page under the name "H", what their thoughts were on the matter of a Resident Evil 2 remake, then relaying his findings to Capcom's R&D Division 1. He officially announced the Resident Evil 2 remake on August 12, 2015 in a YouTube Video, several weeks after asking the fans.
Resident Evil resumé
Taken from MobyGames' entry on Yoshiaki Hirabayashi:
- Resident Evil 2 (remake) - Producer
- Resident Evil 6 - Producer
- Resident Evil (remake and HD remaster) - Producers
- Resident Evil 5 - Scenario writer
- Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition - Lead Designer
- Resident Evil 5 - Cinematics facial animation
- Resident Evil 4 - Lead Designer (Layout / Lighting)
- Resident Evil 0 - Face modeling
- Resident Evil (remake) - Layout captured motion editing facial animation lighting designers
- Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - "Special Thanks"
- Resident Evil 2 was his first game in the series, it was also the first PlayStation game he played.
- When asked what his favorite memory of the original Resident Evil 2 was, Hirabayashi stated "I love Ada."
- His "fun fact" at the San Diego Comic-Con 2018 was that he "has a pet rat named Kevin Jr.".
- ↑ Resident Evil (GCN) credits - MobyGames
- ↑ Resident Evil 5 (PC) credits - MobyGames
- ↑ Hirabayashi comment
- ↑ Resident Evil - Producer Announcement ESRB
- ↑ Resident Evil - special message from the producer
- ↑ Resident Evil 2 Remake – Special Message from Producer “H”
- ↑ Resident Evil Credits (GameCube) - MobyGames
- ↑ PlayStation Official Magazine – UK interview with Yoshiaki Hirabayashi and Tsuyoshi Kanda
- ↑ E3 2018: RESIDENT EVIL 2 PRODUCERS ON THE CLASSIC SCENES YOU'LL SEE IN THE REMAKE
- ↑ San Diego Comic-Con 2018, RESIDENT EVIL 2 Panel